Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! After months of searching for the right car at a right price, I found one right under my nose.
As of today, I'm a proud owner of a clean 1994 Acura Legend GS Sedan. It is black and it's got 70K on it. Looks like a 1 owner car.

Thanks to everybody who helped me with my questions. There will be more to come and, hopefully, I'll become competent enough to give my own advice sometime soon.

I will post pictures in the Gallery section tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Congratulations man..Sounds like a good buy with low miles..My car thankfully also had tint when I bought it...Have fun with your Legend!:)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it has this bronze tint on the rear window, two back windows and moonroof. But it looks like the tint in the back is burned by the rear window defroster. I can see some lines burned through and the image in the rear veiw window is slightly distorted because of that.
I will probably have to replace it at some point but right now I'm just enjoying my car.

I was never a fan of black color cars, but now that I own one, I think it is great :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Congrats!

I am also a new owner of a 1995 GS with 70k. Had it about 2 weeks now, what a great car! Couldn't find a manual GS, but with 230HP, the automatic is sufficient!

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
476 Posts
So....

Who wants to sell their GS? I was about to fly to Florida to drive back a black/black GS sedan but the deal fell through. I WANT ONE OF YOUR BLACK/BLACK GS SEDANS! How much did you get them for?

Thanks guys...

BTW: Congratulations! I hear that the Type 1 black/black sedans are really alot better than the Type II GS model... Want to trade? I'll throw in some decals? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Big-upps to both new legend owners. You will love your legend more and more each day, so make sure to take care of them and they will equally take care of you. These guys on the boards have more answers than you have questions, so be sure to search for your answers in previous posts and if you cant find it then ask, someone will know. Holla!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: So....

Sh0ck3d said:
Who wants to sell their GS? I was about to fly to Florida to drive back a black/black GS sedan but the deal fell through. I WANT ONE OF YOUR BLACK/BLACK GS SEDANS! How much did you get them for?

Thanks guys...

BTW: Congratulations! I hear that the Type 1 black/black sedans are really alot better than the Type II GS model... Want to trade? I'll throw in some decals? :rolleyes:
Sh0ck3d - The GS I bought was actually in Tacoma :) They posted an ad in autotrader on Friday and I went there righ-a-way. Mine is actually Black on Tan leather, not black on black. There is a Cashmere GS - 6-speed at the Acura of Bellevue but if you are interested. If you are really desperate for a black/black GS, e-mail me and I'll explain to you how to get one.

I negotiated the price down to 15, 600 before tax for mine

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,496 Posts
Congratulations to both of you shahavchik and Jack Rabbit, i'm sure you'll enjoy your cars as much as I enjoy mines. The Legend is definately one wonderful and fun car.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's been 2 weeks since I got my legend and today I took it to Acura dealership to do a full buyers inspection for $127

As I expected, there are almost no problems with my car. It is very clean. The only notes that the mechanic put were:
1. Master Cylinder is seeping (it's not really a concern at this point)
2. Front brakes are at 90% Rear ones - 30% (i might need to replace the rear ones in about a year)
3. Allignment is a little bit off. (i don't feel any pull and my tires are all equally at 80% so I'm gonna wait before I do anything to it)
4. Timing belt hasn't been changed but it is recommended every 6 years or 90K ( bull s$%5 i'm waiting until 90K at least)

That's it!
In other words, I am a very happy camper the only thing that is coming up is al 75k service.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Congrats to both of you! My biggest recomendation is to do ALL the scheduled maintance. If you cant blow $1G for a 125K service. Sell your Legend. If you don't keep the maintance up you will have a lot of problems!!!
Later!
Lee

G

·
Yeah it's a great car, I got to ride around in it and it was a blast. Very clean GS. I took Alik for a little fun ride in my coupe ;), have fun Alik?

You know you're driving fast enough when you're smiling, you look over to your passenger and they're jaw is on the floor. Hehehe :D.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SpeedDemon said:
Yeah it's a great car, I got to ride around in it and it was a blast. Very clean GS. I took Alik for a little fun ride in my coupe ;), have fun Alik?

You know you're driving fast enough when you're smiling, you look over to your passenger and they're jaw is on the floor. Hehehe :D.
Yeah, thanks for the ride, Aaron. I almost broke your door handle on one of those turns ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts