Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove down to Edmonton yesterday to pick up my six speed...

Lemme tell ya', this car hauls some serious arse!!!!

I did not really want to open it up but I had to a couple of times, and it goes nice. The gears shift like butter. I have not done any crazy down shifts or burnouts yet...... snowed pretty heavily here and I want to learn how to drive it better. Not one stall though in 480kms.

This car is so nice, and the only thing I dont like about it is the stereo.... The deck is too high tech for me and needs to go (it retails for $1500 CDN), and I have no need or a 12" sub. He left the old bose speakers up front, so it sounds horrible with the aftemarket headunit and amp. It has a sweet spoiler too, and some nice clear corner lenses. I did no realize until I bought it that it had chrome acura rims!

I will take some pics for you guys when the weather is nice:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
welcome to the world of six-speeds

they maybe faster but we have one more gear!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
that is what i always say to my buddy in his twin turbo z, it has 360hp and a five speed, like i said he may be faster but i have one more gear.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Congratulations McKenzie, take pics very very soon and I will hopefully be joining the 6 speed crew within the year.

G

·
Meh, 6-speed.... 5-speed..... at least you guys got manuals. I have an Auto :(. Oh well, things could be worse.... I couldn't have my legend :eek:.

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
Meh, 6-speed.... 5-speed..... at least you guys got manuals. I have an Auto :(. Oh well, things could be worse.... I couldn't have my legend :eek:.
Good point there Aaron. At least we have a Legend but a six speed would be freaking cool to have.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I like the GS I have, but it would be cool to have a 6spd Manual Coupe!!!! However, for me, it's gonna be 3years before I get a coupe... when I'm done paying off the GS :D

·
Registered
744 Posts
Mckenzie91, DEEEEAAAAAAM - welcome to 6spd coupeville.

HaHa - If you haven't done so already, soon you will be hearing your the back of the gas pedal slap the bump stop - as your running through the gears.

Congrats - I know you will enjoy.

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx guys......

I am really enjoying this car already. I promised myself that I would not bag out on it or race but after I posted this thread last night I went to see a friend, and I could not resist.... I came up to the lights that open you up to a highway, with a 100km/h speed limit..... Three lanes wide too. I pulled up in the third lane and I looked beside me and there was an integra and a talon wanting to go with each other. The guy in the integra looks over at me and smiles, and when the light went green we were all off. There is not much I can say about this race except for the fact that by the time I was at 120, all I could see was headlight in the rear view...... far away.... I raped em' both.. Ohhhhh it was so much fun:)

6 speed is da sh$t:D

·
Registered
197 Posts
guys stop it, don't make me become a hater. By the way, I was in Asheville NC, this week-end and on my way back to Atlanta yesterday night, I was doing 75 to 85. Most of the time I was doing 80mph. To my surprise, no car could catch up with me. My speedometer is fine. I still can believe it. i must was insane when I was doping 120-140 laterly. Right Leon.
One more thing. EVERYBODY NEED TO REPRESENTE AT THE SATURDAY MEETING IN ATL.:p :p :p

·
Registered
744 Posts
Mckenzie91, you may develope a love hate relationship with her ..

You will love the acceleration but hate the gas mileage if you get on her all the time. I know some forum members were talking about gas mileage and that was getting depressing (low 200s) cause that is really extremely low.

Although the 5th and 6th gear ratios are pretty close - I enjoy the difference - and doing 100mph and seeing the tach at 3300rpm.

I goose my girl quite often and can relate to those who experience a dramatic difference in gas mileage when you take it easy.

You gonna get personalized plates?

KNLNGUS

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was very surprised actually at the mileage that I got. I think my trip is at 560 km, but 320 km of that was all highway kms. My fuel light was on last night on the way home, and I think I still have a bit of fuel left.

But the problem is is that when I washed it (2 washes in two days), the freakin gas lid froze closed on me, again (happened to my sedan), so I cant pump any fuel into the stupid thing!

It -20 out right now, and I think I am going to be caught outside with my hair dryer and an extension cord:D either that or park it unitl summer when it de-thaws.:D

As for the personalized plates, I am simply broke.... and thats that:)

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey McKenzie, why not let me hold that 6 speed for a few days so I can fix that gas lid problem your having. I think that was a common problem on the 6 speeds and i'm the only one that can fix it so just send it to me and i'll get it fixed for free. Dont waste any time because it might never open again and that'll suck. :D :D :D :D :D

·
OLD SKOOL P*MP
235 Posts
rare edmonton coupes

congrats on your purchase ... i've had my coupe for less than a month now and i've only seen 4 others in Edmonton ... and all different colors ... one red, one green, one white, one champagne, and one black (mine).

just out of curiousity ... did you get yours from mike ... i think he owned the champagne coupe last time i saw him.

i'm should try to get in touch with all of them so we can have a group pic ... all the different colors in one pic ...

maybe i'll see you back in town or u might find me in calgary one of these days ...

later

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Triton3K said:
Hey McKenzie, why not let me hold that 6 speed for a few days so I can fix that gas lid problem your having. I think that was a common problem on the 6 speeds and i'm the only one that can fix it so just send it to me and i'll get it fixed for free. Dont waste any time because it might never open again and that'll suck. :D :D :D :D :D
Its on its way Dee!!:D I enabled the auto drive function (like in batman) and it should be there in a couple of hours...

Take good care of my baby.....:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts