Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got side-swiped on my way to work today. Don't know if the insurance company will total it or not, bent frame I dunno....drives fine tho...No tickets issued on scene. Sorry for the bad pic, was w/my cell phone, I was pissed...and I know my fingers are in the way....this sux, lol. :(

Pushed the speaker cover out

Update: just ordered a new front fender from Acura of Lynnwood $323.74 w/shipping, pick up tomorrow.

·
Aguy
1,314 Posts
:bigcry: damn dude..that really sucks...sorry to hear what happened. I'm no body man but it really doesn't look like a complete loss..As nice as your car is it should still be well worth fixing regardless. What happened exactly? If you don't mind me asking

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
it does'nt look too bad, don't expect frame damage on a side swipe. i was trying to find out what the gloom over the car was, it looked like a black cloud, i didnt even notice the lower half of the pic.

looks like a fender, drivers door with mirror and some color matched paint, you should be golden. if washington state has G1's like here in Norcal, the most expense you would have is the paint. good luck

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Thats sucks man! Did they declare fault, or do you know who's fault it was? Hopefully you're still coming to the meet next weekend. Glad to see you're okay though, that's the most important part.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
door jam pin thing is all bent...all 3 panels have visible damage...rims are like 2weeks old, lol....here's what happened. Am on the offramp, chick in front of me stays left as if she is going left, I am going right...i proceed to go around her, as I am right next to her, she looks over at me and agressively turns her wheel forcing her car into mine, WTF? She cut me off couple miles before...I wasnt pissed cuz not that big of a deal....just wanted to get to work...I think she didnt want me in front of her so she saw me next to her and next thing i know she side-swipes me...sux. I think it was both our faults, I wasnt supposed to be next to her on the offramp as it changed into 2 lanes, and even if I was, doesnt give her the right to do what she did, force her car into mine...If i saw her coming I would've stopped, blah blah...no meet for me this sunday, sorry. If it costs more to fix than the kbb won't they total it? Or just pay the kbb...I dunno...am just pissed, lol

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sounds like its her fault then (hopefully). Still sucks to see this happen. I'm hoping they don't total it! Typically, if the cost to repair exceeds 70-80% of the fair market value of the car, they'll total it. You may want to start looking at comps if you really want to keep your car; I'm guessing its not going to take much to total a 90. It looks like the door is a total loss, but if they do total it, you gonna buy it back?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sorry meant looking at comparables (comps) for your vehicle if you want to try to sway the insurance company against totaling it. I believe if that had been me, I would have beaten the snot out of the idiot that side-swiped you. Sorry to hear that you won't be making it, but if you change your mind, let me know; I'll give ya a ride down!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I had to go and turn around and get back on 522, and she called 911 and told them I left, lol...cops got there and asked me if I left...told em I went and turned around, which is what happened. I get out, ask her if she has insurance she says no. We wait for the cops and while I was turning around this olady stops and stands next to the girl who hit me...lady acts like she is gonna leave, then looks at me and thinks twice and stays, lol....I say "I'm not gonna do anything lady relax"..she stays till the cops get there...the girl is crying and being very dramatic, lol...in her lil hyundai-POS tiburon or w/e...bish!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well when the cop got there he asks for her insurance and proof of reg, and she hands it to him..I ask the cop if she has insurance and he said yes she provided the docs for proof of insurance...wtf, lol...no tickets issued...at least not to me, I left before her cuz I was going to work, so I dunno if he gave her one or not...he said I may get one in the mail, if a witness calls 911 and says I was at fault...doubtful tho, lol

·
I want K-Sports..
1,427 Posts
nooo! That sucks.. If insurance does decide to total it, buy it back! If not give me a call! I'd do it!

Just try to sway them.. Or you can push for TOP market value of the car because you've maintained the car so well!

I know you said you're probably not going but we want you there!! If not in your Legend, how about one of ours?!

Good luck with all of this, quite fortunate.. :(

·
makes his putts....
710 Posts
Wow, man that sux. My first inclination is that they total it. I must say that the quarter panel looks ok, so they might not. At least we've got some nice legends here in the Northwest to choose from. Looks like its time to get a G2!!
Just kidding, the important thing is your all right.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Sorry man. Your G1 is VERY nice.

Unfortunately the insurance company will total it pretty easily based on the year (what was your mileage?), unless you can proove how much they are worth on the open market in your car's condition. Even then it may take some "fighting" with insurance.

Maybe some recent Ebay bids could help. If anybody on the forum has bid on G1's, they could send you a link to the bid (or Ebay Item Number), this way you can print the auction off to show insurance. Even if they lost the bid, it appears in their "My Ebay" for a while.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.