Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: :mad: I dodged the deer thank god. But I ran aground and snapped my rear tranny mount and bent my radiator support bar up :( I dont have any leaks but i need to get the radiator replaced asap. I hate these close calls. I just got my GS what a few months ago and almost had her taken away :(. I ordered my tranny mount so we will see how easy I can put it in lol. :mad: :mad:

· Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
man I know...I'm from VA and lived for a while near MD. Maryland has so many freakin' deer that you can get an out of state hunting license and take like TWENTY FROM EACH COUNTY!!! They're dying from OLD AGE up there!

and yea, those little whistle things for your bumper dont do jack

it's such a hard call too.....try to avoid or plow right thru. I've heard horror stories from doing both. You hit a deer and sometimes you just lose a light...sometimes you lose the whole front end. You avoid a deer and sometimes you go for a ride in the ditch....sometimes you hit a tree! There was a case in VA when I was about 12.....a guy hit a deer and got out to either pull it off the road or whatever......and the deer wasnt dead, jumped up, rammed the dude, stabbed him with his horns, and then went on his merry way....the guy barely survived!

· Victory is fleeting...
5,575 Posts
Fut said:
I couldn't resist so apologies in advance!!! :D :giggle: LOL... you should hit that deer up for some repair dough (doe).

One...

Fut :2cool:
StateFarm tells me deer accidents are the only accidents that don't count against you...kinda like an act of God, so in a sense, maybe he should have hit the doe to avoid spending all that dough.

Tough choice, tho...

· Registered
155 Posts
noo man hitting deer isnt the smartest thing, my dad hit one with our van once, he didnt even get a chance to stop, deer went flyign but did a good thing to our van, we ended up in a ditch and our entire front end was destroyed, even the airbags were out, the deer was a good 100 feet from our car too

· Stop eyeballin' me, dawg!
1,209 Posts
Last year a kid in an old sentra hit a doe off the drivers side corner, chipped it up into oncomming traffic where it landed in the windshield of a brand new GMC sierra, then rolled down the hood, squirmed into the ditch on four broken legs, took 2 shots in the head from the sherrif upon arrival- AND STILL GROANED AND MOVED AROUND AFTER WE WERE DONE GIVING THE WITNESS REPORT! Too dumb to die... and the kid riding passenger in the sierra was pulling glass out of his forehead while talking to the cop as a bonus.

· Registered
101 Posts
Sorry to hear about your deer adventure. Hey at least you didnt hit the deer. My brother had a brand new Benz and he hit a freakin bear last month. After he hit the bear, a truck ran over the bear and that was it for the bear. My bro's benz was totaled out by the insurance company. He now drives a 2000 range rover.

· Registered
1,696 Posts
ya my aunt hit a deer, except it didnt jump into the path of her jeep, it jumped into it

as she drove by it darted out and hit her drivers side, its head went through the window, decapitating it, then the body went into a semi behind her and more or less expoleded accross the front. there was soooo much damage to her grand cherokee it was unbelieveble. the entire side was smashed the door was crushed in

· Premium Well Wisher
2,834 Posts
HOLY SCHNIKES GRANT! what a crazy story....man I would have been freaked after seeing that. Shooting bambi is one thing....opening your door with Bambi's head in it is something completely different....! great description too....the body pretty much exploded....I got the full on visual for that one.....whoa!

· Registered
1,696 Posts
just spoke with me mom, excuse me, it got hit by one semi, then flew over then hit another. and the deer was decapitad but its head went out the window so it didnt just fall in her lap

my mom said that my aunts jeep had blood and deer fur all over the inside for sevaral weeks

· Domesticated *******
1,679 Posts
You should do what my red neck cousins do. They hit and kill the deer (intenttually), throw it in the back of the truck and haul it straight to a meat packaging plant. Fresh deer burgers for everyone...

· Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ty

Thank you for all the concern ;) I appreciate it a lot. The car will be ok and I am dam glad it steers that nice lol. I had just made sure the tires were to their max al around 45PSI so I had no problem dodging it.

· Registered
4,086 Posts
k

Black-N-Blue said:
I opened this thread wondering where 94Polymorph was from - hello to Rice Lake.

I work for an insurance co - Wisconsin has more deer/vehicle collisions than any other state.

Glad you are ok.
and u are not in the chicagoland thread why??

we have to hook up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.