Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rebuilding :(
Joined
·
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, my county sucks a big one. Last year our school had about 2100 kids, not too bad, only about 200 kids over crowded. This year there is going to be 2600 kids, and they were contemplating over new boundaries or double sessions :rolleyes: , and this year they arent setting up new boundaries or double sessions. This county doesnt build the school for the future, they build it for what was needed a year ago. BTW, this school is on its 3rd year :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
man my county was like that for years, don't expect it to change anytime soon.
 
G

·
lol... I thought he said "I hate my country" and I was about to flip out on him...


but dude, I graduated from a highschool that is 40 years old... thats right 40. No AC hardly even had heat... and they are just now building us a new one.... so I'm sorta feelin the hate.
 

·
Rebuilding :(
Joined
·
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike Diaz said:
Think on the bright side. More girls to check out. :giggle:
not exactly, most of that number is freshman, i think we will have over 1000 freshman on campus, because last year it was about 900 in my freshman class. Thats gonna be one hell of a graduation, the first graduating class of the school was only like 350 students.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
817 Posts
Bro, my school last year was 1,000+ kids over crowded.... EVERY class I was in had 50+ people, yet the school would only allow 30 desks per class because thats all we had/could afford. Imagine THAT scene... 20 kids chillin on the floor, counters, you name it...
 

·
Rebuilding :(
Joined
·
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i forgot to mention, about a 15 minute drive in the opposite direction of this school is another high school thats undercrowded, and kids coming from closer to that school are also whats making our school over crowded. I believe they just brought in about 15 portables. I just wish they would build schools for the future numbers, not the past.

I dont go to the other highschool because this one i can see outside my front door :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,704 Posts
Ha, Plano East Senior High (where I used to go) has the largest graduating class in Texas pretty much every year...It's about 2800-2900 kids or something...You might not think that's a lot, but it's only a 2 year school...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,040 Posts
That is a huge class, around here, public schools are not too bad, so I hear. Im at a private school that is heavily supported by the alumni, but sometimes I wish I could be in a public school.
 

·
Rebuilding :(
Joined
·
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i also forgot to mention this too, the principle implemented that we have to have a stupid clipboard to leave the class room, if we dont have one while we are out, we get a wednesday school (equivelant to a saturday school but less harsh) and we cant wear hats on campus, even after we are released from class for the day.if they see it they take it. Also the admins are very racist, nothing against anyone, but the white people they patrol like a prison, but the other races they let everything slide, and that pisses me off, like onetime my sister was wearing a shirt with no sleeves yet another ethinicty girl was wearing a really short skirt, guess who got the shaft, the white girl. Sorry, but i think our schools need a re-evaluation.
 
G

·
smokinfastlegend said:
i also forgot to mention this too, the principle implemented that we have to have a stupid clipboard to leave the class room, if we dont have one while we are out, we get a wednesday school (equivelant to a saturday school but less harsh) and we cant wear hats on campus, even after we are released from class for the day.if they see it they take it. Also the admins are very racist, nothing against anyone, but the white people they patrol like a prison, but the other races they let everything slide, and that pisses me off, like onetime my sister was wearing a shirt with no sleeves yet another ethinicty girl was wearing a really short skirt, guess who got the shaft, the white girl. Sorry, but i think our schools need a re-evaluation.
I think alot more schools are like that than you think.... like for example:

Once my History class took a feild trip to the Museum of Tolerance. Its a museum showing kids not to be prejudice and all that good stuff.

One exhibit is two doors next to each other. One door has a sign hanging over it saying "Those with prejudice walk through this door" The other door's sign said "Those without prejudice walk through this door".

Obviously the door for people without prejudice isn't openable because as the tour guide says "Everyone has prejudice".

So, I start tugging on the door and say "What the hell is wrong with this damn door, did some damn Jew make this?" and the tour guide kicked me out and i had to sit in the bus for 15 minutes. :mad:

So back to the topic.... Alot of schools (including mine) were like that. You just have to get used to it, and keep in mind, as you progress into your senior year, all that stuff will lighten up.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
smokinfastlegend said:
Also the admins are very racist, nothing against anyone, but the white people they patrol like a prison, but the other races they let everything slide, and that pisses me off, like onetime my sister was wearing a shirt with no sleeves yet another ethinicty girl was wearing a really short skirt, guess who got the shaft, the white girl. Sorry, but i think our schools need a re-evaluation.
Yeah well how about at my high school (graduated '03) the vice-principal who is
BLACK suspended 75% of the kids on one bus who were also BLACK because they all had white t-shirts on. Those kids hardly knew other and most of them did not live in the same neighborhood. A whole mob of white kids comes to school dressed in Abercrombie & Fitch every day...do they get harrassed? HELL NO.

dont take this the wrong way kid, but it can go both ways.

oh yeah you wanna know how we responded to the vp's actions? ALL OF US BLACK PEOPLE CAME TO SCHOOL IN WHITE TEE'S AND WE STOOD OUT FRONT OF THE LA BUILDING AND SAID "YOU CAN'T SEND US ALL HOME!"

and right after that...the vp along with the entire administration apologized and the let the suspended kids come back to school.
 

·
Rebuilding :(
Joined
·
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
91sedan said:
Yeah well how about at my high school (graduated '03) the vice-principal who is
BLACK suspended 75% of the kids on one bus who were also BLACK because they all had white t-shirts on. Those kids hardly knew other and most of them did not live in the same neighborhood. A whole mob of white kids comes to school dressed in Abercrombie & Fitch every day...do they get harrassed? HELL NO.

dont take this the wrong way kid, but it can go both ways.

oh yeah you wanna know how we responded to the vp's actions? ALL OF US BLACK PEOPLE CAME TO SCHOOL IN WHITE TEE'S AND WE STOOD OUT FRONT OF THE LA BUILDING AND SAID "YOU CAN'T SEND US ALL HOME!"

and right after that...the vp along with the entire administration apologized and the let the suspended kids come back to school.
that would have been awesome to see, the ownage of the VP. At least you get treated like an adult, our principle thinks we still are in elementary school. also we have 4 vp's, all with their heads shoved up the principles ass at one time.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
smokinfastlegend said:
that would have been awesome to see, the ownage of the VP. At least you get treated like an adult, our principle thinks we still are in elementary school.
strength in numbers, man, strength in numbers. you by your lonesome cant handle the principal but you and oh say 1,500 other kids can handle him real well...and a few staff members are a plus too :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,040 Posts
MY school is very peaceful, we are pretty whipped i guess. :p I will be a senior and there has never once been a fight at our school. I saw a guy punch a kid down a flight of stairs cuz the kid was trying to piss this guy off. But no fights at all, ever.

Dress code is mediocre, no hats or stuff like that. If u wear black on black they will take u in for questioning, they just allowed us to wear sandals, but if u wear things like Ugg boots you will get a dress code violation.

Also, pregnant girls are basically expelled and if you are caught drinking, you will be expelled. I mean drinking, like there was a guy who was 4 hours away at Lake Havasu (a popular vacationing place) and a teacher from our school saw him drinking and when we returned from break, we learned that he was expelled. They are pretty tight with us.
 

·
Rebuilding :(
Joined
·
4,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
found out some interesting information, my school is planned to have 2600 kids this school year (04-05) yet the school thats down the road is going to have 1300-1500 kids in it, tell me, what problem do you see here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,005 Posts
man high school is gonna suck no matter how many kids are at your school. quit b*tchin and just try to get through it.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top