Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not really. I was caught for speeding, payed the fine late through the mail. Now my dad finds in the mail that I have to pay another $54 because I haven't paid yet (or really, they haven't recieved payment).
If I dont pay by the 29th, I have a possible warrant, possible loss of license and contempt of court with additonal fines. Don't worry, I'm going to pay.

I know I brought it upon myself, but I just need to vent

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got my license taken away for being negligent like that. Now I have a shiny coupe rotting away in my drive way because of my stupidity. my car is that rare gold color that nobody seems to have but me and every single day it taunts me calling out "drive me you know you want to forget about the cops" now my life is miserable and I have to walk everywhere. dont make the same mistake I did.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I got two tickets in two days last weekend. The second ticket was a parking ticket that I got for parking in front of my friends place for 45 minutes at 2:30 in the morning. Fu cking ridiculous. Cops really need to find something better to do. These fu ckers get too bored at night. But I guess when the city wants to generate revenue, they are going to get theirs by whatever means necessary. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
123 Posts
A few years back I went through a road block and it was time for me to put my new tag decal on my car but when it came in the mail I forgot to put it on..So I explained the situation to the cop and he said it's ok just send in proof of registration..So I did and I clld about 3 weeks later to make sure they received it only to find out I had a warrant out on me. Evidently I had to show up for court anyways and they looked at it as failure to appear. But it was all straightened out though..:) Luckily I was pulled over agian for something because they would have impounded my car and hauled me in..

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
SHHHHHH i'm on the run:(

·
Registered
702 Posts
GO TO MEXICO!!!

HAHA, I got a few friends who live there now either because of deportation or simply running away after racking up so many charges they were facing over 20 years in jail.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
DaTimez420 said:
GO TO MEXICO!!!

HAHA, I got a few friends who live there now either because of deportation or simply running away after racking up so many charges they were facing over 20 years in jail.
wow really 20 years....man i know how that is, the cage sucks i'd go crazy if i had to do that much time............

·
Registered
155 Posts
One of my best friends lost his license because of a DMV cock up. He got a speeding ticket but contested it. The court date was after the time he had to pay for it. He had his license suspended, which sucked because he was commuting from Palo Alto to Santa Cruz every day then (couldn't find housing in Santa Cruz). He ended up paying the ticket but they wouldn't give him his license back. This all eventually got sorted out after 2 months or so.

I had my license suspended once for about a day too. I paid the renewal fee and got a new style license but for some reason I got a letter asking me to send my license in because I hadn't paid (why the hell would they send me one in the 1st place if I hadn't paid???). I went to the DMV and they messed with the computer for about 10 minutes, ackowledging that I had paid, before they just issued me another new license (the sillier thing is that I lost my wallet 3 months before I had to renew... 3 licenses in the span of four months sheesh). It seems that the DMV has several 'brains' and they don't appear to be aware of what the other ones are doing.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
thats the damn system for u, how abou this, One of my boys had gotten a speeding tkt by Doraville in Ga, and he paid them...no problem right? well as it turns out about a month and a half after he paid his tkt, he gets stoped by gwinnett police one night and they arrested him saying he had an outstanding speeding tkt he didn't pay....they told him it's in Doraville....Yup the same tkt he payed :eek: so he gets bonded out, goes to Doraville and complains that he had gotten arrested because gwinnett pulled up a report that he didn't pay Doravilles speeding tkt(which he did of course) now get this, Doraville then tells him that they have NO RECORD of him paying the speeding tkt:eek: :eek: i wish u guys would have seen his face when the clerk told him that:D we can laugh about it now, even though he still gets a bit mad:D he almost got arrested on the spot for the yelling he did at the station......anyways he had to pay AGAIN for this same speeding tkt...... so whats the moral????? hang on to all your paid fine reciepts???????? GOOD LORD :eek: to this day i keep telling him those Doraville vultures proberly did it on purpose....how are u not going to have any records of a man that paid a tkt??????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.