Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
In This thread I talked about changing out my driver window motor assembly. Now that I have it all back together I have a gap on the back of the window where the glass goes up too high. In the front the window does not go up enough. I am thinking this is those retainer clips at the top of the door, but I am not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am heading out to the garage to get the door apart again and see what I can find.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got done working on it. I found that I needed to lower the back stoper to get the height right. Then I had to move the adjustment on the rear rail to make the back seal to contact. These are the only 3 adjustments I have found for the window. Am I missing one? I still have a gap right behind the side view mirror. Please help! It is suppose to rain for the next 3 days.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I know it's a little late, but before you ever start removing the fasteners that hold the regulator to the door, take a "Sharpie" permanent marker and mar the outline of every nut. That way, when you put it back into the door, you won't lose the window adjustment.

Perhaps even before you grab your tools, get a manual and do some homework.

Try here:

http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/LegendCoupe/index.html

Under "Doors" there's a chapter on "Glass Adjustment".

Have fun.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
paulo57509 said:
I know it's a little late, but before you ever start removing the fasteners that hold the regulator to the door, take a "Sharpie" permanent marker and mar the outline of every nut. That way, when you put it back into the door, you won't lose the window adjustment.

Perhaps even before you grab your tools, get a manual and do some homework.

Try here:

http://www.honda.co.uk/owner/LegendCoupe/index.html

Under "Doors" there's a chapter on "Glass Adjustment".

Have fun.
Thanks for the link. I was refered to that site in the last post. My manual shoud be in by wed. I just wanted to know if I missed an asjustment somewhere. Now all I need to do is raise the front part on the window about 1/16th an inch.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I have used that link and the manual only covers the sedan windows. I still don't know how to adjust the window to cover the gap. I am thinking of calling AoA and seeing how much a new regulator assembly is and taking my used one back. I would really like any feedback regarding this situation.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ND1980LS said:
Thanks! That should cover it. I will play with it tomorrow afternoon when I have time. I have one more quick question. I went to change the PCV valve and the manual said it was under a cover on the top of the valve cover. I opened that cover and found oil in a pool. I noticed something that looked like the PCV valve, but it required a larger socket than the replacement I had purchased. Because of this I left it alone. Am I in the right place? If I know I am looking in the right place I will get it out and take it to the parts store with me. Thanks again!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Murphthesurf said:
Yes you've got the PCV on the right hand side in a pool of oil. You could clean it then put it back. Soak up the oil.
Thanks! This is making me feel better. For the last few posts after getting a G1 I have not felt like I have gotten much benificial information here. With the last couple of days I am quickly changing my mind. Thanks again!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ND1980LS said:
I tried all the adjustment in that, but I still could not get it. All I have left is a 1/8 inch gap right behind the side view mirror. According to those directions I should have an adjustment in the metal that connects to the glass that will go up or down. When I look on my window I have an adjustment for forward and back in the rear bolt, but the fron has no adjustment that I can see. I am going to suck it up and take it to my neighbors body shop next week. I have never worked with a frameless window before, so this is all brand new to me.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are coupe and sedan window actuator assembly the same? I am wondering if they gave me a sedan one because that is what is on their lot. Maybe that is why I do not have the adjustments where the glass and the assembly bolt together. Any info would be appreciated.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ND1980LS said:
Was there an Acura part # on the part you bought ??
I think there was a number engraved into one part, but I do not remember what it was. Still no one has told me if there is a difference in the coupe and sedan version. I think they are different where they bolt to the glass. The link you gave me clearly showed an up and down adjustment at that connection, but the one I have does not have this adjustment.
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

This is the adjustment that I need to make to fix my gap. I just can not find where it is. I thought I had gotten a sedan window regulator, but I went and looked at a brand new one at Acura today and it didn't have the adjustments this picture showes. This is from a link that was posted earlier in this thread. Please tell me where I am going wrong.
Later!
Lee

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.