Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am new to cars i am 14 years old and i am really starting to get into cars adn i have a 92 legend s and i have been researching a lot and i was wondering what smoking out ur tails is and about how much it would be to paint ur tails and how much it would be to smoke them out?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
welcome

first off
depending on your laws, u may want to consider painting them red..if you smoke them, it needs to be visible during daylight hours, or accidents can occur....feel me?

There is a tutorial in the DIY section.

Also, the paint can be gotten at any hobby store, or WalMart

·
Registered
449 Posts
you mind me asking what country are you from? cause the last time I checked legal driving age is 15.75 years old to even be legal to drive with an adult supervision. That number was supposed to rise shouldn't have decrease unless the US government is screwing up some where. :confused:

Anyways smoking out your tails should cost you about 20 bucks for the spray tint and a couple hours of your time.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

yes u r correct u have to be like 16 to drive by urlself and 18 with friends and i am just looking to buy some stuff for my car bc i can drive and i turn 15 in may so i will take drivers ed then and i was wondering what smoke in ur tails looks like does anyone have a picture?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Re: reply

borntohoop said:
yes u r correct u have to be like 16 to drive by urlself and 18 with friends and i am just looking to buy some stuff for my car bc i can drive and i turn 15 in may so i will take drivers ed then and i was wondering what smoke in ur tails looks like does anyone have a picture?
Check this thread!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Smokin Tails

Hi,

Well I tried smoking my tails using the hobby store paint, but I had problems...

I do not think I let it dry enough between coats (I wanted a DARK finish), so I got an "orange-peel" effect with a bunch of little holes and stuff throughout... I did take care to smooth the tails first and to use a good amount of rubbin alchohol to clean them very well.

Eventually I had to sand, scape, paint thinner off the stuff cause it looked very bad on my Legend... If you end up trying to remove it, it can be a *****. You will also never get that luster of the original taillights, even after using a power polisher and fine plastic polish. I am going to attempt tinting them again, and I will post results.

Sh0ck3d

·
Registered
513 Posts
hahah i agree, kids these days, i'm 17and had my 94 legend l for like 3-4 years b4 i could start driving it, it just sat in my driveway for most of the time. occasionally when the parents were at work i'd do some joyriding with my friends in the neighborhood, ahhh those were the times...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.