Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By an older model Grand Am, unsure of the year, but it's either late 80's or early 90's, it has your standerd bolt on's intake exaust (sp) and someone told me it has a built tranny, it is a manual, has anyone got a clue what this thing can do? I think I am in over my head but I am always up for a good race.

·
Premium Member
9,167 Posts
whoa!!! watch out for those turbo Grand Am's, Yea frickin right! If he upgraded the turbo and installed an intercooler & BOV, port and polished, catback exhaust, then he might be able to run with you, but probably not.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I think they made one year sunbird that was turbo charged. Other then that, they are quick cars, but not blazing fast. A few mods though and they can go really good. They are not high revving engines, and a crappy driver will let it rev right up there to the redline. My chevy work truck actuall slowed down if you punched it and caught it in the high rpm range. All chevs just make noise at high rpms, no speed gains.... its pretty pathertic actually, all low end. Go for it and smoke 'em.:)

·
1990 Legend
214 Posts
I don't think they ever had turbos, but some of them are supercharged. If they switch out the supercharger pully they can generate more boost and they can be pretty quick. If he has a built tranny I'm sure he has more than just an intake and exhaust. I would watch out :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.