Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by 2 fellow juniors at my school. one of them drives a pre-90's supra, pretty sure it's NOT turbo, and the other drives a monte carlo (don't know if it's an SS or not) it's the gen right b4 the most recent. how would i hold up in a 94 auto type I L sedan? i'm thinking it might be close but i would end up pulling on both of them...?

·
Registered
5 Posts
it's a luxury car.. not a race car. Tell them that you don't have a race car and you are not going to race anyone with a 4 doors luxury car.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Is it just me or am I just getting old?

bleh.
high school race stories.

maybe it's cuz i didnt have a car til i turned 18.
and i had to walk..

so i kinda hated cars all throughout high school.
but hey, that's another post. :)

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
Leon Millette said:

lol

I knew you'd say that lol
I just like the less talk & just go n do it philosophy:)

& it's not like i go out looking for street races, but if someone wants to go, i'll go..to a reasonable speed :)

BTW. 2 mustangs have turned down racing me since i slapped the 'sleeper' stickers on. an old skool pony who actually revved on me till i threw a look & he read the sticker. & a newer GT. & these cars probably would've won because i wasnt gonna use the bottle :D

My beast is the INTIMIDATOR
hhahahahahahaah

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
jose3030 said:
Is it just me or am I just getting old?

bleh.
high school race stories.

maybe it's cuz i didnt have a car til i turned 18.
and i had to walk..

so i kinda hated cars all throughout high school.
but hey, that's another post. :)
that's what the g/f who had a car came in :)

mmmmm high school sex...when everything was 'perky'

:D :D :D

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
lol i was thinking about the sleeper sticker too...but i thought about it and it defeated its purpose, wouldn't make it unnoticeable anymore.

·
Registered
168 Posts
im not sure about the supra. I've been into american cars for a while and i'd say if the monte was a ss it'de probably take ya. 305's got a "little" kick. never touch my dead 93 cobra though:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
Montey would back out

they're not up to par with the legend. I've worked on tons of american vehicles. It may be close, but you'd win. With a slightly better then stock legend coupe, my brother beat out a vw turbo *brand new* dont' remember the model though. Only by a car length. Just be aware that they will most likely take you of the start since there torque is much lower on the curve.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Question:

How would I hold up in my 91 L Coupe vs. 99 Eclipse GS?

Just wondering.... Thanks for the input

·
Registered
49 Posts
watcha mean by the "sleeper" sticker??????? lil confused of wat kind of Sticker tat is
i'm only 16 cut me a break AHAHHAHA
MIchaelango once said " i am still learning"

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
DTMM4Legend said:
watcha mean by the "sleeper" sticker??????? lil confused of wat kind of Sticker tat is
i'm only 16 cut me a break AHAHHAHA
MIchaelango once said " i am still learning"
'racer' defenition of sleeper is something that doesnt look fast..AKA a beater (or a stock looking G1) but in reality has some ballz.

The sticker on my ride just brings attention to this fact :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
we've beaten the new bodystyle eclipses also. They're a little to weighty for the muscle they have. I've tried to get to a point where I could race a bmw '93 car last week *not sure of the model but it was anything all that stellar*. We seemed equal, but we never got to a point where we could actually start from the same place and time. But hey, it was kind of fun anyway :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
SID said:
we've beaten the new bodystyle eclipses also. They're a little to weighty for the muscle they have. I've tried to get to a point where I could race a bmw '93 car last week *not sure of the model but it was anything all that stellar*. We seemed equal, but we never got to a point where we could actually start from the same place and time. But hey, it was kind of fun anyway :)
I put a whoopin on my roomate's 325 bimmer manual with my auto. It was a rolling start though.

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
okay with that being said. (about the Eclipses)

an Eclipse with an intake exhaust and Headers (im not sure on th validity of the headers. its a V6 eclipse and guy says it has a set of headers). do you think i could beat him with my ICE'd 91 LS sedan auto

BTW, ICE (intake chip exhaust)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
okay with that being said. (about the Eclipses)

an Eclipse with an intake exhaust and Headers (im not sure on th validity of the headers. its a V6 eclipse and guy says it has a set of headers). do you think i could beat him with my ICE'd 91 LS sedan auto

BTW, ICE (intake chip exhaust)
yep

·
Registered
476 Posts
Uhh, what model Eclipse is a V6? Is that something new?

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but...

ANYONE driven one of the stock supercharged VW GTIs? Sh!t man I rode in one this guy brought over from Germany and that thing is SERIOUS fast... 0-60 in like 5.x, and it does a 1/4 in a high 10 - low 11! That is FAST AS HELL for a stock vehicle (supercharged of course)... Almost makes me want one of those little VWs! Think about it after a few aftermarket parts and maybe a little NOS shot... They also have nice features liek the sunroof and windows rolling up when the light gets really dim or it rains...

-Sh0ck3d

PS: Race... No reason not to. If you lose, you lose in a luxury car. If you win, then you just whipped "sports" cars ina luxury sedan! I race fairly often in my sedan auto, and I have taken quite a few heads even being almost stock!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.