Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
by 2 fellow juniors at my school. one of them drives a pre-90's supra, pretty sure it's NOT turbo, and the other drives a monte carlo (don't know if it's an SS or not) it's the gen right b4 the most recent. how would i hold up in a 94 auto type I L sedan? i'm thinking it might be close but i would end up pulling on both of them...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
it's a luxury car.. not a race car. Tell them that you don't have a race car and you are not going to race anyone with a 4 doors luxury car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,036 Posts
Is it just me or am I just getting old?

bleh.
high school race stories.

maybe it's cuz i didnt have a car til i turned 18.
and i had to walk..

so i kinda hated cars all throughout high school.
but hey, that's another post. :)
 

·
88 sleeper
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
Leon Millette said:


lol

I knew you'd say that lol
I just like the less talk & just go n do it philosophy:)

& it's not like i go out looking for street races, but if someone wants to go, i'll go..to a reasonable speed :)

BTW. 2 mustangs have turned down racing me since i slapped the 'sleeper' stickers on. an old skool pony who actually revved on me till i threw a look & he read the sticker. & a newer GT. & these cars probably would've won because i wasnt gonna use the bottle :D

My beast is the INTIMIDATOR
hhahahahahahaah
 

·
88 sleeper
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
jose3030 said:
Is it just me or am I just getting old?

bleh.
high school race stories.

maybe it's cuz i didnt have a car til i turned 18.
and i had to walk..

so i kinda hated cars all throughout high school.
but hey, that's another post. :)
that's what the g/f who had a car came in :)

mmmmm high school sex...when everything was 'perky'

:D :D :D
 

·
LEGEND
Joined
·
904 Posts
lol i was thinking about the sleeper sticker too...but i thought about it and it defeated its purpose, wouldn't make it unnoticeable anymore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
im not sure about the supra. I've been into american cars for a while and i'd say if the monte was a ss it'de probably take ya. 305's got a "little" kick. never touch my dead 93 cobra though:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Montey would back out

they're not up to par with the legend. I've worked on tons of american vehicles. It may be close, but you'd win. With a slightly better then stock legend coupe, my brother beat out a vw turbo *brand new* dont' remember the model though. Only by a car length. Just be aware that they will most likely take you of the start since there torque is much lower on the curve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Question:

How would I hold up in my 91 L Coupe vs. 99 Eclipse GS?

Just wondering.... Thanks for the input
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
watcha mean by the "sleeper" sticker??????? lil confused of wat kind of Sticker tat is
i'm only 16 cut me a break AHAHHAHA
MIchaelango once said " i am still learning"
 

·
88 sleeper
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
DTMM4Legend said:
watcha mean by the "sleeper" sticker??????? lil confused of wat kind of Sticker tat is
i'm only 16 cut me a break AHAHHAHA
MIchaelango once said " i am still learning"
'racer' defenition of sleeper is something that doesnt look fast..AKA a beater (or a stock looking G1) but in reality has some ballz.

The sticker on my ride just brings attention to this fact :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
we've beaten the new bodystyle eclipses also. They're a little to weighty for the muscle they have. I've tried to get to a point where I could race a bmw '93 car last week *not sure of the model but it was anything all that stellar*. We seemed equal, but we never got to a point where we could actually start from the same place and time. But hey, it was kind of fun anyway :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
SID said:
we've beaten the new bodystyle eclipses also. They're a little to weighty for the muscle they have. I've tried to get to a point where I could race a bmw '93 car last week *not sure of the model but it was anything all that stellar*. We seemed equal, but we never got to a point where we could actually start from the same place and time. But hey, it was kind of fun anyway :)
I put a whoopin on my roomate's 325 bimmer manual with my auto. It was a rolling start though.
 

·
I'van der Rohe
Joined
·
12,803 Posts
okay with that being said. (about the Eclipses)

an Eclipse with an intake exhaust and Headers (im not sure on th validity of the headers. its a V6 eclipse and guy says it has a set of headers). do you think i could beat him with my ICE'd 91 LS sedan auto


BTW, ICE (intake chip exhaust)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Bang&Olufsen DK said:
okay with that being said. (about the Eclipses)

an Eclipse with an intake exhaust and Headers (im not sure on th validity of the headers. its a V6 eclipse and guy says it has a set of headers). do you think i could beat him with my ICE'd 91 LS sedan auto

BTW, ICE (intake chip exhaust)
yep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
476 Posts
Uhh, what model Eclipse is a V6? Is that something new?

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but...

ANYONE driven one of the stock supercharged VW GTIs? Sh!t man I rode in one this guy brought over from Germany and that thing is SERIOUS fast... 0-60 in like 5.x, and it does a 1/4 in a high 10 - low 11! That is FAST AS HELL for a stock vehicle (supercharged of course)... Almost makes me want one of those little VWs! Think about it after a few aftermarket parts and maybe a little NOS shot... They also have nice features liek the sunroof and windows rolling up when the light gets really dim or it rains...

-Sh0ck3d

PS: Race... No reason not to. If you lose, you lose in a luxury car. If you win, then you just whipped "sports" cars ina luxury sedan! I race fairly often in my sedan auto, and I have taken quite a few heads even being almost stock!
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top