• pair of JL 12w6v2

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • a single JL 13w7

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
4,439 Posts
None of the above. Four Focal 5Ws and a McIntosh amp. :D

You could eBay that setup for a decent price, actually, and in the right box it would sound far better (for musical quality) than the JL setup.

· Registered
279 Posts
Any of those would sound awesome. I would recommend getting a bandpass and have it shoot directly into the car. It sounds amazing in my friend's car. Screw the carbon fiber hood! HAHA :)

· Registered
1,091 Posts
Let me tell you I would say that the 2 12w7's are gonna be the best system for your car. I can't stress enough that it is also the amps that make a system good. You need to have at least a JL Audio 1000/1 watt amp. Please Please Please dont spend a lot of money on kick ass subs and a ty amp. But yea unless you plan on doing a lot of other exterior mods then i say forget about the carbon fiber hood.

-Richard

· Legend in the Street
317 Posts
If you like performance and looks, go for the CF Hood, lighter is better.
If you're more of the listen to music, and enjoy the ride type, and live in a good neighborhood, get the 12w7's and amp set up.

· know 'm ool
1,430 Posts
i guess i'd take 2 12W7's if you think you can afford it.....
but wouldn't that be a good 2-300 more than a single 13W7, or 2 w6v2's?

and i'm assuming that you have enough money to buy an amp too, cause the subs would be completely useless without an amp. I wouldn't buy subs just to sit around. if you can't afford an amp, i would just get cheaper subs than JL. RE is having a group buy with good prices, http://forum.carstereos.org/showthread.php?t=56605 where you could get two 12 RE SX's for around the same price as one JL 12W7.

i wouldn't buy a hood, unless you are dropped, w/ rims, and are looking pretty good already, and that's one of the last things appearance wise i would buy. i highly doubt the weight difference would be noticible. hell i could probably go on a diet, and get better weight loss than a c/f hood.

· Registered
186 Posts
OHH Subs my specialty! I got 2 15"s which i shake blocks with.. Uhh instead of JL get 2- 12" Alpine Type-R.. And then you will be beating! Get them off Ebay, and i think i saw a carbon fiber hood on there for $250 with $100 S&H.. Sounds like a good plan!

· Registered
186 Posts
Hands down W7's are good speakers, but they are definitely more expensive than you should spend on subs.. Alpine Type-R's bump LOUD, even on a 250watt Acoustic amp with 2 subs and one had a small hole in it and it was bumping SOO hard in a GTI.. They hit really loud.. Im going to get 2 15" Alpine Type-R's somewhat soon but for now my other 2 15"s will do fine.. If you bought Alpine Type-R's off the internet you could probably afford the carbon fiber hood as well..

· Factory Freak!
1,651 Posts
GreekPower said:
I say hood cause amp's to power those subs will be about 3-500 bucks. BTW the W6 is better then the w7, in quality not power.
Yes, very true. Besides, unless youve got your car lowered, tint, and rims, the hood wont look right, in my opinion at least.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.