Acura-legend.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
AKA Carlton I3anks
2,581 Posts
DDDDAAAAAAAMN DATS FUGGGIN SEXXAY!...The shape of it SORT OF favors the Lamborghini Gallardo.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I'm confused as to why it has a hood ornament and not the grill emblem like all their sporty cars have. Is this the un-sporty version?

·
Banned
14,692 Posts
it looks like they took a NORMAL COUPE and FLATTENED THE ROOF.

Are you kidding me? This is what passes for design these days? talk about LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY.

Here's a quick reversal:

vs

now you just made it look like a porsch instead of a Lambo is all you did.

i like it.

looks like a mean 2dr S-Class.

also i just noticed it has rear door

·
what!
4,566 Posts
I don't think it looks like a porsche. It sort of has some audi-ish quality to it when you look at my pshopped version, but only because pshopping at such high speeds introduces slopes I might otherwise have taken out.

Bottom line is this is a minimal design effort. There's nothing special about RAISING THE HOOD and LOWERING the roof. Just looks like a brick.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
All I know is if they combine that bodystyle with the marketing techniques of the comercial that talks about the mercedes that has 451 hp I may have to sell my house.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Uhh, you guys do know that the car is a FOUR DOOR, much like the CLS, this was intended to be a CLS replacement apparantly...

You're totally fucking up how it looks.

The last picture... looks too much like an S class front and rear but an audi TT roof.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
+1 I'm not feeling that photoshop either.

The concept looks like a shortened CLS roofline with S Class front and rear fascias. I have a feeling it's alot longer than oit looks guys, therefor the interior is probably kinda roomy. The main thing that makes it look shorter in length and like a brick is the thickness of the top of the door frame between the a and c pillars. The thicker that line the smaller the car looks, so if it were thinner the car would look taller and longer.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Example

Please excuse the low quality of the quick photochop. I "thinned" the roofline above the window to show how the car can look larger and IMO more proportioned. I also darkened the chop around the window to make it look like the light isn't hitting it to help clean up the chop. This helps IMO to keep the car from looking flat and like a brick like Kotetu said. Instead of raising the shape roofline and making the car look unsleek, you can make the outline of the window beneath the roofline arch higher to give the car a more curvaceous flow while it still keeps it's very sleek silohette(sp?) and it gives it a more inviting and unobtrusive feeling for people on the inside.

·
what!
4,566 Posts
still doesn't change the overall brick-like shape. For all I know that car is 6 feet tall and the grill is 4.5 feet tall. I know automakers are moving in this direction for some reason.

I like there to be some distinction in the cabin. I understand it looks audi-ish in the pchop I did, if I cared to take more time with it I could eliminate that. The bottom line for me is that this idea they have of flattening the roof and adding a contour line to the door does not make a solid or original design. Even just taking the first photoshop I did you can see that their primary design began with a standard sedan-style body and all they did was squeeze the roof down.

I can do that to a 2004 RL and call it a new car too. Maybe it's because I am married to an artist, but I feel that designs should show the effort, the heart, etc, that goes into them. This one just bespeaks of laziness. Hopefully the engineers put more heart into their part.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts