Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost to a 2000? civic si stock the other night in a highway race. I had 5 people in car(inc myself) and my heavy 18 in chromies(probably 45 lbs a piece) . On the highway we started from 70 and took it up to 115 and i was at his rear bumper with no pull.:( He was by himself

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
all it was was the weight, don't be ashamed...just don't race with 5 heads in your car.

·
B**k F***er
2,642 Posts
Yeah, weight makes a helluva difference. You are talking 5 people @ ~160lbs person? That's almost 800lbs of people putting the weight up around 4300lbs for your car @ 200hp vs the 2600lb civic with 160hp. Not a fair race at all. With just yourself in your Legend you'll just walk away from him.

That's all right though. I raced a last gen Tourass SHO when I had a full car load and we were dead even.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
well, last night at a light, i kind of got smoked...um,this has never happened before. i was not really racing. you see, i was at this light and a newer gen jetta pulled next to me. i was thinkin about it, but i was like "nah," cause i don't race with people in my car. and this kid takes off at the light ( I honestly would have gone if he had given me a look or sum'n) so he is like a car legnth ahead of me and i push on it but i couldn't get my front bumper past his rear bumper. i let off and when the lanes merged he threw on his hazards. i was seriously upset that that happened. my windows were open and there was someone in the front and back. i don't know, i really want to find this kid and show him what ffffff is up. until then, i hold my head in shame too.

·
Registered
744 Posts
smoovie--smoov - awe chucks - I needed a good laugh after lunch.

eye ite, don't kid yourself about the civic or v6 ludes - they are fast. I don't think you need worry cause although you had reasons... you hesitated and that is what caused his nuts to hang lowern yournz.

I am willing to bet that if (like you said) you got a nod from him - then you would have no doubt, drew your ass cheeks closer to the rear of the seat, shut down the climate control, waited for that light like a tree, put her down a notch - and then BAM - rock and roll babe.

You'll run across that kid - or someone else with the same specs - and will no doubt, feel beda bout yoself. Anyways... you know **** well, that kid was on his forum talkin smack bout walkin on a Legend.

KNLNGUS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.