Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife won't allow me to park the Legend in the garage (it has a tiny oil leak), so it has been enjoying the fresh air at night!

Last night, around 10:30 PM, I went out to the car to get my GPS out of the glove box. I opened the driver door, sat down, and reached over to open the glove box. It was pretty dark (the one dome light is all that works). I reached in and felt something weird, so I picked it up. As my hand moved closer to my face.... the object jumped out of my hands and into my lap. IT WAS A MOUSE! I nearly died (it would have been a million dollar moment for America's Funniest Home Videos).

After I put my heart back in my chest, I returned to the car with a MAG light. No sign of rodent. Well, knowing this wasn't a guest I wanted to greet while on the highway (and putting my PETA morals aside) I got out the traps.

I was pretty discreet as I didn't want my wife (or my neighbors) to see this silly sight.

To make a long story short, It took about 2 hours for the rodent to fall for the salami and peanut butter mix (don't worry, from the looks of things, it was quick and painless for him).

Now, my car sits outside again... vacant I hope.

One question: I keep the windows rolled-up, and the doors shut tight. How do you think it got into the car?

·
Registered
685 Posts
do you have any loose panels under oyur dash? think he/she coulda got in thru the engine?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I dunno if this would be it, but above the wheels in the engine bay are holes that lead to the cabin. Bundles of cables go in these. The one on the passenger side opens up under the passenger seat. I'm sure there are other holes too.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Did he bit up the foot pedals?

Does your feet smell like cheese?
Did he Bit up the Wires dem by the gas pedal? LOL

A joke

·
Registered
30 Posts
Pretty common to have this happen - they are attracted to the heat in the engine bay and than they just move around. The glove box is a favorite spot because it usually has a lot of stuff they can chew on and use to make a nest. A mouse can fit through a hole smaller than a dime so getting in and out of the cabin is very east for them. The worst that usually happens is that they'll make a mess, but they can chew through wires and I had to replace a heater blower motor on an old BMW when one got in there and had his little neck snapped when I turned the fan on. That was an expensive way to kill a mouse.

You might want to Keep putting traps out until you don't see any more activity.

·
Registered
427 Posts
That is scary hope i don't ever get a rodent in my car not even a insect
They should make car seal proof so nothing even water can go inside.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I recently had a RAT in my engine compartment. Chewed up my windshield washer lines, including the line behind the fender that's a pain to replace. Opened the hood to find out why my washer wasn't working and there he was sitting on top of my engine. I was as startled as he was. Luckily he didn't chew on anything else, or get caught in moving parts. Could have been messy!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I saw on the news a Snake on an engine!

Long time ago a snake was wraped around an engine. The owner could not start the car. That was a long time ago! Yes Snakes!!!!!!! You can relax now! lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since we are on the subject... my mom's Suburban chewed up a racoon staying warm in the radiator fan (American car = crankshaft driven steel fan) when she started it up one morning.

The fur was flying!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Put a bar of soap in your glove box and cabin. Corvette owners do this when they store their cars over the winter.. keeps the mice away.

Luck

·
Registered
99 Posts
Emission said:
My wife won't allow me to park the Legend in the garage (it has a tiny oil leak), so it has been enjoying the fresh air at night!

Last night, around 10:30 PM, I went out to the car to get my GPS out of the glove box. I opened the driver door, sat down, and reached over to open the glove box. It was pretty dark (the one dome light is all that works). I reached in and felt something weird, so I picked it up. As my hand moved closer to my face.... the object jumped out of my hands and into my lap. IT WAS A MOUSE! I nearly died (it would have been a million dollar moment for America's Funniest Home Videos).

After I put my heart back in my chest, I returned to the car with a MAG light. No sign of rodent. Well, knowing this wasn't a guest I wanted to greet while on the highway (and putting my PETA morals aside) I got out the traps.

I was pretty discreet as I didn't want my wife (or my neighbors) to see this silly sight.

To make a long story short, It took about 2 hours for the rodent to fall for the salami and peanut butter mix (don't worry, from the looks of things, it was quick and painless for him).

Now, my car sits outside again... vacant I hope.
I know this is an old post but it's HILARIOUS! Thanks for posting this man, I got a good laugh out of it.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I leave my cat in the car overnight. When I had a 69 FireBird I paid big bucks for a RAT to put under the hood. Ran out of funds and never did it. Should of went for the MOUSE...
(just joking about the cat...)

·
LlVlNG LEGEND
1,612 Posts
5speed said:
I leave my cat in the car overnight. When I had a 69 FireBird I paid big bucks for a RAT to put under the hood. Ran out of funds and never did it. Should of went for the MOUSE...
(just joking about the cat...)
:eek: UWAHHHH???????

·
Registered
292 Posts
Glad to see i'm not the only one!
I had a nice mouse nest in my glovebox after my auto tranny died. It tore up all kinds of paper and made a nest. I live by a field so there is plenty of mice around.

·
LlVlNG LEGEND
1,612 Posts
Re: RAT-MOUSE

5speed said:
johndftc;
RAT is a big block Chevy motor(427, 454 etc.). Mouse is small block(327, 350 etc.).
lol, I guess I should've kept my mouth shut. I just thought you were drunk or something. Shows how much (little) i know about cars!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts