Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG I just clayed my car today....and ohh boy. My mouth went :eek2: As I washed my car I got really scared, I started to notice all these little specs that look like rust..but all over the car. You can't really see them from far but once you get close nuff you can see them. So i was like "great..now I have rust all over my car..and have to pay 2k to have my paint coat protected" Well I started with the Clay bar and all of the sudden the lil spots started to go away. I was shocked and then I rubbed my hand on the hood and OMG..smooth as a babys but! (or glass-like) I just can't believe I had not clayed my car before. Makes me think of all the times I used to wash and wax my car and think that it was the cleanest car out there. On a neg. note; Claying does get you tire!!! but its all worth it. :D

Pic after Clay:

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
yetchh said:
mmm... ok what is clay.. some sort of organic car wash?
No, clay bar is exactly that. A special clay that when used with a "lube" removes contaminents from your paint that regular washing or waxing will not get rid off.

Davincis '95, now that you've clayed-do some polishing and waxing and watch that shine just get better and better!!

·
-Aww Dip-
724 Posts
When i clayed my car, i really wasn't all that impressed. It jsut seemed like I wasted 4 hours for nothing. I dunno, it didn't seem any cleaner to me. That may be because my intention of using the claybar was to get rid of the spray paint the previous owner sprayed on the car on accident(white spray paint on the nose of a BLACK car. I hate it soooo much!!). But this didn't help that at all. I was so disappointed :(

·
Registered
767 Posts
lol.. CA i must admit when i was looking at your bottom photo i was wondering why youd just taken a foto of your garage... then i saw your wheel :D .. how do i get my hands on this stuff..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I waxed my car later on after I clayed it, but it was late already and no time for pics. I watched some t.v and weather man said " chance of showers tonite, and tomorrow." I was like great, so i went and covered my car, it sunny today so I'll go take some pics for you guys to see. You can get a claying kit at most auto stores, even at your Local Acura Dealer, thats where i got mines. I used Meguiars Quick Clay Detail System, cost me $20.00

On a side note:
So i bought my HID kit and have not installed them cuz I don't have the light caps and don't want water or moist to get to bulb, so bought a pair from someone on forum. For a very good price (thanks cole) But as i was waxing my car yesterday I looked in the trunk and the damn caps where in the CD Changer Slot..and I already sent payment for other caps I bought. I was pissed and feeling like a dumb-ass. But now I have an extra pair, just in case i mess up the first set.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
those rusts spots are oxidation. I live in socal and get them ALL over my car. I was claybaring 3 times a month to remove it all. Then I decided to clean my garage and now park in there :)

claybar does wonders.

·
I swag it out...
1,893 Posts
what auto store sells clay bar? I looked in auto zone i think, and I couldnt find it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
I swag it out...
1,893 Posts
Davincis '95 said:
Just go to Froogle.com and search it. These are just a few places..and for a lot cheaper, I paid $20.00pls tx.
yah man i know, my last one i ordered from autopia.
I was asking if any stores like autozone, pep boys... etc had it cause i never saw it ....
thx for the links tho

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Yeah,

Pep Boys has Mother's Clay Bar pack for $15. That's where I get mine from. I've spent way too much money in Pep Boys on cleaning products :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, your car looks freakin CLEAN!!

OK how bout this, my car has little tiny scratch marks, well its in circular patterns. Guessing from the previous owner's waxing.. :mad: . In order for my paint to look as clean as your car.. You think claying it would work? Or do you suggest getting a paint job... *Trying to avoid paint jobs because of the low budget haha*

·
I like shiny
14,417 Posts
D-Roc said:
Wow, your car looks freakin CLEAN!!

OK how bout this, my car has little tiny scratch marks, well its in circular patterns. Guessing from the previous owner's waxing.. :mad: . In order for my paint to look as clean as your car.. You think claying it would work? Or do you suggest getting a paint job... *Trying to avoid paint jobs because of the low budget haha*
You don't need clay bar, well you may need that too, but for little scratches and/or swirls you need a polish. Sometimes people confuse the purpose of a wax and a polish, but a polish will shine the paint and depending on how abrasive it is it can remove swirls and minor scratches. A wax is for protecting.

For polishing I use the SSR line from PoorboysWorld.com with my Porter Cable 7424. The SSRs can be used by hand, but you will get faster, better looking results with a good quality orbital buffer.

For More information check out
DetailCity.com

:2cool:

·
mods: yes PLEASE!!!!
9,934 Posts
Ballistic said:
those rusts spots are oxidation. I live in socal and get them ALL over my car. I was claybaring 3 times a month to remove it all. Then I decided to clean my garage and now park in there :)

claybar does wonders.
didnt ur neightbor also park with in like 3 fingers of ur car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts