Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will 17 7 rims with a 51 offset rub with 215 50 17 tires???? if so what offset wouldent cause i cant change me tires they are 215 50 17 but discount is ordering new rims cause they scratched them and they were a 37 offset!!! supposed to be 45 but they screwed up

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Roger, +45offset on a 7inch rim will probably not have any problems. But your rims are 7.5 inches right? Rim width and offset work against each other. The exact specs on my rims are 17x7.5 +51 offset. They sit exactly flush with the fenders in the front, the rear tucks inside the fender. And you know I'm running 215/50/17 with no problems.

I say when you get your new rims with +45mm, just go with 215/45/17. That way you'll definitely have no rubbing.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Roger said:
they are 17 by 7 not 7.5..so you guys are saying 50 series will work but 45 will be better?
Your rims are only 7 inches. Then I don't really think 50 series will have any problems.

45 series is a lower profile, so it's thinner, it will give you better handling because lower profile mean stiffer sidewall.

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well what im concerned about is that my rims were already a 45 offset and not 37 like on the invoice , and i dont want to get these new rims then put the same size tires on then have the same problem all over again, i guess at the meet tomorrow we will get opions on wheter my rims are a 37 offset or not

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Roger said:
well what im concerned about is that my rims were already a 45 offset and not 37 like on the invoice , and i dont want to get these new rims then put the same size tires on then have the same problem all over again, i guess at the meet tomorrow we will get opions on wheter my rims are a 37 offset or not
some mfg's stamp the wheel offset on the inside of the wheel....check in there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.