Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hatin the rain already
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this drive off ebay and all I got was the drive NO SOFTWARE! it is a SONY CRX1611 and I have searched on driverzone.com and driverguide.com with no luck. If anybody has any ideas post a link or send me an email with the driver attached <--this would be sweet!! help please. :confused:

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
CD-ROMs, CD-RWs, CD-Rs, and DVDs do NOT use drivers to function. Neither do Hard Drives for that matter. It should just plug in and show up in the Device Manger/My Computer. "Plug n Play"

If it does, it's detected properly, if it's not not listed, it's mostly likely due to an incorrect setting in the BIOS or on the Master/Slave jumpers on the drive itself.

However, YOU WILL need some form of CD CREATION program, to actually write data to the CDs, such as Nero 5.5 or Adaptec EZCD Creator, those are commonly not equipped on drives unles you purchase a NEW retail. They're actually add-ons, they're not directly part of the company that makes the drives. So when they put them in, it's like doing you a favor :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts