Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI BOYS IM IN NEED OF A SPRING LIFT KIT FOR MY 91 ACURA LEGEND.i need a little more ride height on my drivers side.its hard to turn my whell to the left or right.cus i dont have much space between my tire and the wheel well.please help me out with a link or a store,anything fellas id really appreciate it,thanxxxxx :bowdown:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just need a place that sells the spring lift kit.

ITS NOT MY SPRINGS,or struts.i have some bent bushings and such,i just replaced the strut on that side.a mechanic told me id get a little more lift from the spring lift kit.just enough so that it doesnt hinder the way the tire turns and drives.i just need a website or a link that sells it for our cars.so i can purchase it,cus the autozone by my house doesnt stock it.helppppppppppppp

·
Registered
767 Posts
tnelson said:
Why dont you just fix the problem with the bushings, instead of screwing up your suspension worse.
havent we already talked about this some weeks ago?.. petroc bro you may be able to buy a spring clamp kit to clamp your springs(to shrink them) which, in australia anyway, can be reversed to raise them by an inch or so, someone enquired about some on ebay.. but i to would just replace the bent parts from a wreckers yard.. saves time and money.. do it once do it right.. lol.. i think i used that before :confused: :D

EDIT:heres the link to the thread on these http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48910&highlight=lowering+clamps

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
too much money

i dont have the time or money to replace all the bent parts.if i did i wouldnt have this problem anymore.i just want to see if i can put the lifts in and get a little more clearance on the drivers side.the parts wont be alot from a junkyard,but the labor sure will.i just need a place that sells the spring lift kit??does anyone know???????helppppppppppppp

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
95legend said:
fix it right the first time, or you will be crying later on down the road, especially with a legend.
The man is right. you realize you are going to spend several hundred dollars on "lift springs" if you can even find any(which i doubt), then once you do that, you are going to have to pay another couple hundred to install it all. and when you are done, you are left with an f'ed up car anyway.

·
Eliot
2,205 Posts
listen to everyone peterock, if you dont fix these bent parts...and lets say you do find that lift kit, I highly doubt along with everyone here, you are still going to end up fixing those bushings and stuff, and maybe even more things that messed up while you where riding on your lift kit. Dont ignore things like these man and try to "Cover" them up with a temporary solution, because thats what it is, temporary, it wont be a permanent one just getting these lift things.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i not sure... but i had a simular problem... but it was my control arm and it only cost me $80 to fix it.. i'm not sure if that is your problem but if it is that is alot better than whatever else you are thinking about doing to you car..

it only takes about 1hr with no one there and any tire shop with a full lift can do it for you... sorry if i didn't help... just sounded like my problem...

·
Lara's Legend
1,533 Posts
I just replaced my OEM with new OEM springs , & Holy crap! Looks like I need a lift kit to lift the rear!! sits too low! The front is jacket up!! looks like crap,!

I see a lot of Legends in NYC & My Legend looks like I have two dead bodies stuffed in the trunk!! I can't understand why the Legend can't sit level?! I have my orignal shocks & stuts which I will be reinstalling them & returning the OEM springs & KYB GR2's back too the Tirerack.

I replaced all items & still have problems!! I feel strongly that If I would of installed Eiback & Koni's I would of had the same level problems as I had with the OEM & KYB's set up!

good luck I too have my problems!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.