Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going tonight to look at a legend sedan and i think i want to buy it but im leary, 1988... Its super nice but the S3 light blinks constantly like a turn signal. The s switch by the shifter is super sticky and doesnt seem to work. the lady said it got a new tranny a few months ago... she also said that flashing is due to the fact that they 'disarmed' the alarm permanently. When you shift from drive to S, it does act differently. please reply ASAP, as i am bout to leave to see it...

thanks,

nick

·
Registered
217 Posts
CAREFUL

i am 95 percent positive that the blinkin S indicates a malfunction with the transmission. It could be anything related, speedometer cable, etc. Have a mechanic check it out.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I was trying to access Alexei's site, I think he had it under the F.A.Q. I can't seem to reach it... seems to be gone?? :(

Interesting issue, my uncle has a 1987 Acura Legend Coupe. His S3 light has been blinking forever. Before, and After a transmission change. He suspects a sensor of some sort. But they're quite expensive as I recall he had said.

Also, when the S3 light is blinking, if you press the S4 button, does it go into S4??

·
Registered
180 Posts
humm my S light never blinked. probably broken. Ask her if she'll take off money since you might haft to go get it repaired.Its probably sticky cause the tranny oil is all clogged up in the transmition, try to shift from netural to D while you drive.

·
Registered
293 Posts
If it was me, I sure wouldn't buy the car without knowing exactly what is wrong. If the car needs more tranny work, that can make the car a terrible deal - at any price. Don't buy another's problem. Either have the seller fix before you buy or get a quote to fix the problem and deduct that amount plus some for your troubles and risk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts