Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer 7300 DEH, the fuse in the back of the face blew so I switched it from a 7.5amp to a 10amp when I put it back on it started to smoke, now I have no sound, I think I blew the internal amp, does the factory warranty cover this, what do I do. Piss away $380... HELP

·
Registered
449 Posts
if it's still underwarranty just send it back and pretend you don't know what happened. Pioneer have pretty good customer service I don't think they'll make a big fuzz out of it

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Well, like others said, you can try to put the 7.5 amp fuse in and fake it. But the truth of the matter is putting the 10amp fuse in techically voided your warranty. You never put a higher value fuse in place of the lower one provided. A fuse blows not because the fuse value is too small, but because the unit was drawing more current then it was designed to draw. Electronics don't do this unless there was a short somewhere. The original 7.5 amp blew to protect the deck from the problem. When you added the 10amp fuse and didn't correct whatever problem there was originally, too much currect was allowed to pass into the deck and so it fried the internal circuit that was not designed to handle 10amps.

Now I am not preaching to you, as I don't really care what you say to Pioneer about the warranty issue. I'm just saying find and correct the cause of the problem before you install your new deck or your newly repaired deck.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Put the 7.5 in, take it back and play dumb. Pioneer is not going to scrutinize the cause, their job is too fix it. But, when you get it back, you need to make sure it is wired correctly, and that you don't have a short or blown speaker frying your deck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Chris K is correct

Hopefully you bought the unit from an Pioneer dealer. If not there's a chance Pioneer won't even fix it and you'll have to go to some lame repair shop!! Good Luck.

PEACE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts