Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to be a long post I apologize in advance. I have a 93 Acura legend ls. I feel like whoever may be able to help me needs to know the whole story. I bought my car about 10 years ago and it was such a good car. Due to a really bad situation in a marriage my car ended up sitting for 4 years. Once I got out of that situation I wanted and needed my car back on the road. I literally put a new battery in it and it started right up. Everything was great except my key. My key would not come out of the ignition unless I unhooked the battery. Then it would come right out. I drove it for a few months like that. Then my car started to run hot. Never got in the red but real close. It did this twice before I realized I had a blown head gasket. The water was disappearing and it was smoking by the head. I couldn't afford to take it to someone that knows what they are doing much more than me and I couldn't buy another car. So I got the gasket set and a friend of mine and myself changed the head gaskets. Took quite awhile but we got it all back together and of course it wouldn't start. No crank no start just a click. Tried to start it in neutral nothing, tested the main relay it tested fine. Changed the starter relay. Tried a different battery nothing. Then changed the starter/ solenoid with a remanufactured one. Still nothing. Finally realized the cable running from the positive battery terminal to the starter was seriously corroded so got new cables for the positive and negative. So it was cranking but somehow it had developed a serious fuel leak at the fuel pump so still no start. Changed the crush washers and it stopped leaking. So we tried again to start it. Now it is cranking but won't stop cranking even with the key off. I have to unhook the battery. Now it's back to not cranking at all. I am completely at a loss and I have put so much into it I really just have to keep trying. Oh yea I have changed the ignition switch but not the lock cylinder. I hope someone can help me as I realize I have gotten in over my head. Thank you so much.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts