Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I poured over the existing posts on this topic and got some helpful info but I still felt compelled to post.

One of my OEM speakers blew recently so I just decided to replace all of them while I was at it. Eventually I would like a modest 12 sub and an amp. For now, I simply want 4 quality midrange speakers that will give me enough bass to get me over till my money is good enough for the sub/amp.

Anyway, keeping in mind what I ultimately would like to have, here are a few questions;

I have this HU
Alpine CDA-9851 CD player with MP3 / WMA playback at Crutchfield.com

Do the Ohm's matter? I have a 95 L so I think the amp was in the deck, which is now gone.

I am assuming 2-way is the way to go since I still have the OEM tweeters. My budget for speakers is about 150 or so a pair; here are some that I am looking at;

These
Boston Acoustics SX95 6"x9" 2-way car speakers at Crutchfield.com

Or the Buy one get half off on Infinity

Crutchfield.com - Electronics

Or should I just get it all done now and grab this along with a some coaxials.

Alpine Bass Package MRP-M450 mono amplifier Two SWE-1242 12" subwoofers Q-Logic subwoofer box at Crutchfield.com

In terms of sound, I am far from an audiophile but I like clarity with some thump.

Thanks in advance

·
0 Posts
Get a pair of boston 95SLs I just got these and a boston component kit for the front sounds GREAT.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Alpine Type S, really cheap, and decent quality for how much they cost....should be onsale for about 70bucks for a pair.....step your game up to the type R's if you want more clairty and components.

If your looking for some mid range bass without a sub for now, I would invest in some Alpine Type S's or whatever decently priced speakers you want, and amplify them with a 4 channel amp.

If your like me, and don't really like bass in your mid range speakers. get some quality mid range speakers that sound great un amplified, and spend your extra cash on getting a powerful amp and sub combination.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your like me, and don't really like bass in your mid range speakers. get some quality mid range speakers that sound great un amplified, and spend your extra cash on getting a powerful amp and sub combination.
This makes sence. Since I will eventually get a sub/amp, bass in my midrange should not really matter. Good look.

·
Registered
103 Posts
For rears, I just bought (well, "won" on eBay) a set of Kenwood KFCX690's for $27. I am having them installed tomorrow when I have a new (to me) Apline 9857 put in. The vendor, crank_it_up_audio, sells discontinued items that it is not selling in its store or its eBay outlet. (Sorry so vague, but I don't want to get them in trouble. PM me if you want the story!) They have some great deals!

·
Registered
106 Posts
save the money on the rears and get a set of mid-end components and a 2 channel amp instead. If you want a sub in the future you can consider shelling out for a 4 channel and bridging the rears for a small sub.

I'd save up for the Alpine R personally or some CDT's. Listen to them at a store but def. go with 2 amped speakers over 4 un-amped ones.

Doug

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your help fellas.

I wound up spending waaay too much money :confused: I bought Infinity Kappas for the front and rear and an Alpine amp to power them :wtf:

All of this plus install i'm in trouble.

Thanks again!

·
The Great White North
813 Posts
For someone who is more than literate, you have a pretty brutal username. I expected to open this thread N IT B IN ALL CAPZ AND SLANG BUHT DATS NOT WHA HAPPND.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts