Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 Legend LS 4 Door. Im looking to get my exhaust done. What im looking for is a smooth deep sound. No rice sound or anything that sounds like flows.

I would like to know how you got your exhaust done. Im still unsure if I should change my cat to a free flow. Some people have told me that the stock converter is already pretty free flowing. price difference on the cat at some shops is only 50 dollars. but then im worried about the noise as well.

my second question is should i go with 2.5" piping or with 2.25" that is already there? I know bigger the pipe means less top end power. So what do you suggest...2.5 or 2.25?

I got one quote in Los Angeles. The guy said 250 for a 2.5 in/dual out muffler and 2.5" piping. And if i want a free flow cat itll be 50 bux more. The muffler looks like the dual out magnaflow that comes in 2.25" in, except this one is generic. Would a generic muffler be ok? A similar setup with converter for a magnaflow exhaust would be 400 bux, but the guy would just use the same 2.25 piping already there.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
460 Posts
you got it the opposite way. Bigger pipe gives you more top end but you would be losing low end torque or whatever is left of it. As for the cat, i'm pretty sure that the original cat will suffice so buying a "free flowing" cat would be a waste. Good luck with your exhaust setup. Why don't you just get the muffler replaced with a free flowing one and try leaving the piping alone?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hmm...ya i guess i might just put in a free flowing muffler then and leave it 2.25" piping. i almost never drive at top speed anyways. now would a generic muffler be decent? im thinking that compared to a magnaflow i guess a generic would be ok but obviouslly compared with a remus the remus would be better..

·
Registered
460 Posts
well, are you looking for performance gains? If not, then stick with a generic muffler. Wait....do you mean those generic performance mufflers? Well, just stick to that. I don't see why spending so much money on a muffler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts