Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Well I think i found the one :), after negotiating, the price is down to $8,800 (the guy was asking $11,500) :D
it's a 1994 Sedan L, Champagne ext/Beige (cloth) interior [leather is too hard to keep up with when the car is parked outside in weather this hot] the best part is, it has 40,864 miles!!! There were a few annoyances that I caught though, so if anyone can help clarify what causes there problems, I'd really appreciate it :)
First, It has the notorious steering wheel shimmy, it needs new tires though, and with that comes a balancing and alignment, will that take care of it?
Second, it seems the trunk has to be Slammed to close, what causes this, and how can it be fixed?
Third, when starting the car, it starts effortlessly, but makes almost an additional sound in teh starting process, as if the key is held too long, i can't explain it, anything to be concerned about?
And finally, when the A/C is turned on, a smell comes through the vents, my dad said it smelled like a burning, but to me it smelled more like a mildew, the owner said it's because he didn't use the A/C often, is it possible to smell a burning smell through the vents, is anything wrong?
I'll be going tomorrow in the morning for a final test drive and to leave a deposit, I really appreciate any information u guys could give me, sorry about the long post, but i just wanna make sure this truly is a legendary legend :) Thanks :cool:

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"anyone?....anyone?..." c'mon guys, i'm goin tomorrow to make the deposit, lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
Those miles are awesome,but

I cant understand why they didnt give standard leather for L model. Luxury cars should have that standard, it just doesnt look right. I would try to get down to 7500, and get aftermarket leather.

G

·
Good buy!

Yeah ***** a littl more about the leather and the problems u listed above for a lower price. The trunk can probably be fixed by the dealer... and take the AC to an acura specalist. Also with the alignment take it to Acura also... Wow 40K is very good... Doeshe have all the manintence records and oil change records?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Re: Those miles are awesome,but

gen2c said:
I cant understand why they didnt give standard leather for L model. Luxury cars should have that standard, it just doesnt look right. I would try to get down to 7500, and get aftermarket leather.
Not everyone wants or likes leather....Go for it man..Those are rare miles and who is gonna be staring at your interior anyways...Awesome deal, I wouldn't pass it up.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I just think for the top of the line in model lineup

a car should have leather, I dont think acura was thinking about the ppl "who don't like leather", If they did RL would have cloth. And I think it looks/feels good, easier to clean. Any car imho over $30k new should have standard leather, unless it had something to make up for that like a sports car, and even then...... but yeah the miles r awesome on the car. peace

·
Registered
702 Posts
if everything is true to how it sounds, it's a pretty good deal, especially with the mileage. WATCH OUT though, because it may have been in an accident and wasn't running for a few years which equals low miles. or odometer fraud or anything similar....just be careful.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Re: I just think for the top of the line in model lineup

gen2c said:
a car should have leather, I dont think acura was thinking about the ppl "who don't like leather", If they did RL would have cloth. And I think it looks/feels good, easier to clean. Any car imho over $30k new should have standard leather, unless it had something to make up for that like a sports car, and even then...... but yeah the miles r awesome on the car. peace
The L is not the top of the line model, leather was optional in the L model. Besides, it's better to have choices anyway. Like 92Legend said, not everyone likes leather. I like my leather, but I don't like the fact that it wears more than cloth. That's just me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The smell coming from the air conditioner is probably bacteria in the system. You can get an antibacterial spray that you spray into the air vent by the windshield wipers. Make sure the car is running when you spray it. Read the directions on the can carefully before you spray it in as the ingredients are mildly toxic.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Re: Re: Those miles are awesome,but

92legend said:

Not everyone wants or likes leather....Go for it man..Those are rare miles and who is gonna be staring at your interior anyways...Awesome deal, I wouldn't pass it up.
True, not everyone likes leather and it is always nice to have that option. As for people staring at your interior, well interior modding to me is just as important as exterior and performance modding. In fact, interior is tops on my list. Nothing like beautiful two-tone leather to set off the interior of a car. :)

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Those miles are awesome,but

infinite said:

True, not everyone likes leather and it is always nice to have that option. As for people staring at your interior, well interior modding to me is just as important as exterior and performance modding. In fact, interior is tops on my list. Nothing like beautiful two-tone leather to set off the interior of a car. :)
couldnt have said it better!

Go for it DSM!

But GET A CARFAX FIRST

·
Registered
655 Posts
I meant "Legend" when I said top of line,as in best of acura.(at the time,ex. nsx)

I mean its competitors were Ls 400,Q45,Cadillacs,Mercedes,Bmw, All of them have standard leather on their top of the line cars. If there was no price diff. in leather ALOT less L models would have sold, and at more than $30K It should have leather.My point was that acura wasn't thinking of the "Peoples options".I mean I guess they realize their mistake or the RL would have cloth option.Just look at the cars out there is there any cars out there for $35k that dont have lether standard? cost of living was less back then so $31k is at least $35k now.Would you buy it.The legend is too good of a car to Skimp on leather.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got it! :)

Hey guys, thanks for all of your thoughts :) I picked it up last night and I love it!!! The steering wheel shakes a bit as it still has the same tires that it rolled off the showroom floor with, lol, i'm getting those changed tomorrow and i'll be on my way :) keeping it stock except for like clear corners etc, just till i get some things paid off, thanks again! :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
Congrats

Your gonna have alot of good usage out that thing.
P.S. My replies were no way putting your car down, just point out manufactures choice of standard equip. Other than leather and heated seats I could do without all the other stuff.:D

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
Hey congratulations on finally getting the legend and I hope that you enjoy this one as much as you enjoyed your last one. Stay safe and drive very carefully.

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Congrats

gen2c said:
Your gonna have alot of good usage out that thing.
P.S. My replies were no way putting your car down, just point out manufactures choice of standard equip. Other than leather and heated seats I could do without all the other stuff.:D
Hey bro, no offense taken, i totally agree with you that acura should have made leather standard on a car above 30k, it makes much more sense, but since they didn't, i don't mind cloth, i actually prefer it since it's so hot down here and my car isn't garaged, cloth is easier to keep up with :) thanks again for your replies

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Triton3K said:
Hey congratulations on finally getting the legend and I hope that you enjoy this one as much as you enjoyed your last one. Stay safe and drive very carefully.
thanks man, the search was long, and tiring, too many legends around here have been totally repainted, or have bad histories come up in the carfax report...this one has a clean history AND low miles :) I love it already :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts