Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know this is sad, but recently I have been thinking about a Lexus SC300 5spd. I love my Legend in all, but there is just so much you can do with the Lexus, turbo-kit, Supra TT swap, Supra 6spd swap, exaust, headers etc.. you get the idea. And man do these cars look sweet.. I don't want to sell my Legend, I am just a little more excited about these cars.

Having never driven one I am kinda jumping the gun, but I have ridden in one and just by the aftermarket support in these things I just have to like 'em. I don't know, what do you guys think of 'em, any owners?

·
Registered
847 Posts
that body kit ruined the classy factory look of SC.... In fact, the old SC is the only lexus that I like~

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
hehe.... I saw your post over at Club Lexus. I am trying to find out some info for my dad on the SC400. HE is giving up his 92 LS sedan and wants either an SC400 or an M5 or a 540. I am trying to convince him to go with an M5 (come on pops!:p ). I read through some of the posts over there and there is alot you can do with those cars....

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
That SC300 is awesome? Are they a lot more tunable than the SC400? They come in a manual too, right?
SC400 does not come with manual, I don't think Lexus ever made a V8 manual.

BTW: That's the best looking sc300 I've ever seen in my life, if I were to get a coupe, I would get that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
there is an sc300 down here for sale with a 2JZGE engine if you are interested i can send you the numbers, they want 11.5 obo

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Not to ground anyone, but keep in mind guys, that Clint's SC300 turbo has cost him alot of money, and mean ALOT of money... if you wanted to pay someone, you're looking at upwards of $20,000 to do the TT Supra swap, get it running correctly, including all additional parts and labor costs... I've done alot of research about SC's, and you'd definitely want the 300, but consider this: Find a '93-'95 5-speed, build the motor (they make HG's, etc... for it, as well as all internals), and then build the rest of the car around that...

Keep in mind that:

A TT Supra exhaust/turbo manifold will not bolt up to the Non-Turbo 2JZ head, and also that they share different valvetrains, and the TT Supra has a DIS in it, while the 2JZ uses conventional means for ignition... it's going to be alot of work, but whoever wants to make the SC fast (it's a slug stock), is going to have their work cut out for them... but it's a definitely worthwhile project...

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
WhiteLegend said:

SC400 does not come with manual, I don't think Lexus ever made a V8 manual.

BTW: That's the best looking sc300 I've ever seen in my life, if I were to get a coupe, I would get that.
I think he means the SC300 comes in a manual and is more tunable than the SC400 which does not. The manual was available up untill 1997 I believe.

·
Registered
368 Posts
anyone interested a guy i know has one with 87k on it i believe its either a 93 or 95 and it is tt

·
Registered
847 Posts
dunno, to me, that kit just makes that Lexus looks like a nissan toyota hybrid..... :p

G

·
A Lex is for Pimpin So you have to get the top of the line or have it totally unique... It like "Hey I have a Lexus".... Oh.. Which one?:rolleyes:

An Acura or Legend is Like...Low Key but some sight modifications and you will have people like " WOW:eek: Did you see that Coupe Slammed on Chrome?!" What Was that?!:D

·
Registered
368 Posts
LeoLegend,

Allthe info i have right now is that it has 87k on it, its a 93, and its pearl white. E-mail me at [email protected] and i will send you more information

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
SC's are fat rides. It's a perfect luxury coupe. It's too much luxury for me now though. Like my legend's sporty yet luxury feel.

But definitely it'll be nice to have that SC TT.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts