Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if its the mount or the trans itself, but when I'm driving my car it shifts so hard into gears. Plus when I let off the gas it seems as if it pulls back and slows down a little. If any one can give me some suggestion. I would appreciate it.

Its a G2 coupe automatic.

thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
champagne coupe said:
I don't know if its the mount or the trans itself, but when I'm driving my car it shifts so hard into gears. Plus when I let off the gas it seems as if it pulls back and slows down a little. If any one can give me some suggestion. I would appreciate it.

Its a G2 coupe automatic.

thanks
It's still finding the gears, right? It couldn't hurt to have your transmission fluid changed... let them know you have some concerns about your transmission and they will inspect your fluid for you. Hopefully they won't find anything serious.

·
Registered
275 Posts
champagne coupe said:
I did the trans 4x flush and refill on it about 2 months ago...
Did you notice any debre in the fluid?

If you really think your transmission is starting to go then the sooner you have your mechanic(or whoever you usually deal with) the better.

I've seen several transmissions for sale on ebay recently... hope you don't need to go that far.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
champagne coupe said:
I did the trans 4x flush and refill on it about 2 months ago...
Now don't become irate, but when you performed the flush did you use Honda A/T? How many miles on the vehicle? The 1-2 upshift on the Legend is very pronounced and is normal. Is this harsh shifting 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 or just 1-2? Check to see if the RPMs rise just before the upshift (? flare). Have you or anyone else adjusted the throttle cable? You could use the applicable pages from the HELM to first determine whether your throttle cable is correctly adjusted.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LiasLegend: There was some shavings on the bolt when it came out.

LPB: Yes, I did use the Honda fluid, 97,000 miles on the vehicle. It shifts hard through all the gears. The rpm's do rise at the time of the upshift. I'm the second owner and I haven't messed with the Throttle cable, don't know about the first owner.

thanks for all your input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts