Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I belive the time is comming so time to pull out the fat wad and slap a couple of C-Notes for H.I.D's....

First, I love that bluish tint of the Mercedes & BMW H.I.D's.. but probably not beable to acheive this color w/ the LEGEND housing. So should I buy the Auto-Lamps 9006 6000K Xenon HID Headlamp conversion kit ?

Can you upgrade the bulbs on this kit? if so what are the advantages and where would I buy them from?

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I'd say go with the Autolamps kit. If you're looking for the bluish tint, go with the 6000k kit. There are other places that carry 8000k kits, but those will probably be too blue, and have less useful light.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
If my latest pictures come out, I have a nice comparison of 4 different HID setups from our last meet. 1 99 OEM RL, 1 2001 OEM IS300, 1 autolamps-online 9006 coversion, and my xenonlamps 9006 conversion. Viewing them all together showed some interesting things, but I just hope the pictures captured what we say in person. I have it on 35mm, so it will be a while before I finish the roll and develope the film.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
ChrisK said:
If my latest pictures come out, I have a nice comparison of 4 different HID setups from our last meet. 1 99 OEM RL, 1 2001 OEM IS300, 1 autolamps-online 9006 coversion, and my xenonlamps 9006 conversion. Viewing them all together showed some interesting things, but I just hope the pictures captured what we say in person. I have it on 35mm, so it will be a while before I finish the roll and develope the film.
Was the Autolamps 9006 kit up there in terms of brightness?

I've driven next to cars w/ HIDs and sadly (for them!), my headlights seem BRIGHTER and a tad whiter/bluer than theirs! Interesting to say the least!

·
Registered
169 Posts
how difficult is it to install the hid's yourself? leon... i know your pretty good with writing DIY's, if possible, can you make one up as you install yours?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Yep, go with www.autolamps-online.com They are known for being the best HID seller worldwide...The guy is super nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts