Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want custom dual exhaust - SUGGESTIONS?!

Hi all,

I am planning on doing custom dual exhaust on my Legend Sedan. I have several questions...

1. Should I stick with stock 2.25" piping, or go into some 2.5" or greater?

I have heard that going to larger piping means I will lose some low end. I WANT MY LOW END! I do alot of city driving and really want to keep it.

2. Do I have to worry about horsepower rating on a muffler setup? Since I am going to get custom duals, should I look for two mufflers each rated at HALF the recommended horsepower, or does this even apply?

3. Is it true that I may be able to use a newer accord "y-pipe" instead of having to have one custom welded. Someone else suggested that I may be able to find one in a junkyard for very cheap...

4. Does anyone have any suggestions for a muffler with one or two large round tips and a fairly quiet but deep sound? Im looking for something deep but not very loud at freeway speeds. NO FART CANNONS PLEASE! :)

Thanks everyone!

G

·
take a look at seasicklegend he has duals.....the mufflers are from magnaflow and look pretty good

at a seattle meet you might be able to hear it....

·
P*mp!
1,252 Posts
who knows.........

what about flowmasters.....i wonder how they would look on a legend.....photoshop anyone??!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all the Washintonians! **** you guys are quick. Im looking in the pics of SeaSicks legend right now. I like his setup but I am looking for something with larger tips (maybe). I should take a picture of my chrome tips... :)

They are VERY large, but I just slipped them ALL the way over my stock ones so its not loud, just looks good.

Anyone know how much Im going to be into this? Im figuring I can get some decent mufflers for like $120 a piece, + custom piping. Any comments on the piping size, backpressure, etc?

·
Registered
460 Posts
i was also thinking of dual exhaust but i don't know what decent mufflers i can buy. Anyone else have suggestions besides flowmaster or magna flow?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually I do not have NEAR enough money to do dual Remus' Lol that would be cool, but I'm looking for a MUCH more affordable muffler combination. :p

I don't much care for the remus square tipped look, but I definetly LOVE the sound! If can only get that sound from a nice dual setup, I will be very happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.