Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANyone got recommended companies??? When's the next GB? Let's start one up, I remember seeing one on this board in the past. :D

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Me and Jeff(legendary94gs) are making/bringing them over for the first time EVER. In the Next month All will unfold.

Mine will run $1100-1400- but will produce serious WHP. I am Extremely confident. We will see.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Dv8 said:
Me and Jeff(legendary94gs) are making/bringing them over for the first time EVER. In the Next month All will unfold.

Mine will run $1100-1400- but will produce serious WHP. I am Extremely confident. We will see.

~Hybrid
How long does it actually take to make the headers? Is most of the time spent doing the molds, or is there sufficient research and design that must be done firts to do it properly?

Do they use a sand-cast mold?

All this header talk has gotten me interested in them:)

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
everything is custom from scratch. flanges,mold cast, everything.

R&D is years of experience in the feild, not me both another individual.

Ill post B&A Dyno's

G

·
Damn, that is just way to expensive. I hope that after you guys go through the first set of selling them to people it will be cheaper to keep making some more of them. There is no way that I'll be able to afford to spend $1100-1400 on headers ($800 is one thing).

·
Registered
799 Posts
the JDM Headers I have coming are for Type II only. dyno specs will be provided after being installed on my Legendary94GS.

The name of the tuner who designed them is of the caliber of Jun and Mugen.

prices are expected to run between $700-800

ten headers coming initially and are currently in customs in Hawaii

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Legendary94GS said:

The name of the tuner who designed them is of the caliber of Jun and Mugen.

Caliber of Jun or Mugen, whos that Judge of that? Why does it sound like this is so secrative?

Damn, that is just way to expensive. I hope that after you guys go through the first set of selling them to people it will be cheaper to keep making some more of them. There is no way that I'll be able to afford to spend $1100-1400 on headers ($800 is one thing). [/QUOTE]

Well i guess no headers for you:D

I really dont need to go into production with these headers, i was intending to keep them for myself, but if the demand is there then ill do it. Its no sweat to me.

I will charge based on WHP after covering prduction costs. Borrow a Credit card.

Comptech's V6 headers arent cheap either.

My headers will be the caliber of tuners like SARD & Cusco:D

~Hybrid

·
Registered
799 Posts
dV8 and Legendary94GS no pop-shot truce

Sport Compact Car, Import Tuner, Super Street can all vouch for the tuner's reputation.

Like you said in the above post, you're a businessman, so am i. people have looked long and hard for headers in Japan. bottom line...they have been found

you're custom fabricating which will make headers available to the community and that's great

as far as my weaknesses...i have many, your knowledge of cars far exceed mine. i can guarantee the JDM headers won't put 20hp to the wheels like yours

here's some interesting figures i found though on Comptech (reputable company i think) mods:

How Do Various Mods Stack Up?
Comptech's published numbers:
3.0L NSX - (Horsepower at the rear wheel)

Stock NSX : - 235 hp

With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust: - 245-250 hp
With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust/Cams/Heads : - 265-270 hp
With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust/Supercharger: - 300-305 hp
With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust/Supercharger/Cams/Heads: - 315-320 hp

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Legendary94GS said:
dV8 and Legendary94GS no pop-shot truce

Sport Compact Car, Import Tuner, Super Street can all vouch for the tuner's reputation.

Like you said in the above post, you're a businessman, so am i. people have looked long and hard for headers in Japan. bottom line...they have been found

you're custom fabricating which will make headers available to the community and that's great

as far as my weaknesses...i have many, your knowledge of cars far exceed mine. i can guarantee the JDM headers won't put 20hp to the wheels like yours

here's some interesting figures i found though on Comptech (reputable company i think) mods:

How Do Various Mods Stack Up?
Comptech's published numbers:
3.0L NSX - (Horsepower at the rear wheel)

Stock NSX : - 235 hp

With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust: - 245-250 hp
With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust/Supercharger/Cams/Heads: - 315-320 hp
I dont understand why your bringing up the Truce between us link, im not taking any pop-shots on you. i was simply asking who the tuner is. Im interested in knowing. if your keeping it under wraps because you want to be the sole distributor of the headers then just say so, im not tring to hunt anything or anyone down. This was ment to be a PM but you replied to it out in the open, so i guess thats were ill send the replies. Im sure i m not the only curious one.

As for Compechs v6 headers:
check their on site dyno graphs

Accord Ign/e/h 35WHP $1249.95:
http://www.comptechusa.com/images/dyno/1998AccordHeaderplot.pdf

CL-s H 32WHP $1249.95
http://www.comptechusa.com/images/dyno/2000CLSplot.pdf

Why are People are so paranoid?

~Hybrid

·
Registered
799 Posts
it's in my genes

·
Registered
132 Posts
Damn that dyno chart for the CL shows only small power gains until it reaches the end of the rope at 6000RPM. It reaching max power close to redline and my transimission wants no part of that powerband.:mad: Hope both of you guys can tune for more usable power down a couple grand.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If 20 to the wheels I am interested as well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'll add my 2 cents

"With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust: - 245-250 hp
With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust/Supercharger/Cams/Heads: - 315-320 hp"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......with all that stuff and Im guessing somewhere around $6k-$7k on top of the price of the car...another guesstimate $90k-$100k

Dayum.....just pay a lil more and buy the freakin 911 twin turbo and be done with it....you'll have a stock production car that's AWD, corners better and hasnt even been touched under the hood but will produce way better numbers on the street and at the track

·
Registered
275 Posts
past_acura_owner said:
I'll add my 2 cents

"With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust: - 245-250 hp
With Comptech Header/Airbox/Exhaust/Supercharger/Cams/Heads: - 315-320 hp"

I would have expected much better gains from the Supercharger.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts