1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
685 Posts
those are nice, but they would look out of place on a Legend I think bu this is just my .02

·
Registered
2,795 Posts

·
I'van der Rohe
12,803 Posts
just seeing that made me want to copy that. hmm, wonder if they will fit, im off to my drafting table.

one...

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Wow, those hid's are super super duper bright. (2nd pic)
That is awesome.

-Jose

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Matt Whelan said:

Actually, those are Infiniti Q45 HID Multi-Projectors retroed into the Lexus GS headlights. The infiniti Projectors are the brightest OEM HID's on any car yet...Tight man, do it if they will fit...
Thanks,

I stand corrected. Those are phat. Wow!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
Also that guy must be rich as hell!
OR has some really nice connections in the car industry.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:
do they light up in this fashion?

Not sure what you mean by that...But they don't flash like that of course....HIDs, when first turned on, are a dimmer purple and then immediately get really bright and turn a whiter color...All HID's do this.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Not sure what you mean by that...But they don't flash like that of course....HIDs, when first turned on, are a dimmer purple and then immediately get really bright and turn a whiter color...All HID's do this. [/B][/QUOTE]

. I know they don't flash (duh!). I also know that HID's light up the way your talking about. What I was asking was do these HIDs in particular (from the new Q) kinda have a "fade on" effect.

·
Registered
139 Posts
If you click on the picture of the light on the site, it takes you to a tutorial, or step by step process of how the lights were installed. It doesn't help me too much cause its all in Japanese :) . But it is neat to see.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:
. I know they don't flash (duh!). I also know that HID's light up the way your talking about. What I was asking was do these HIDs in particular (from the new Q) kinda have a "fade on" effect.
Isn't anything different about these Q45 "Machine Gun" Projector HIDs...All HID's have the same effect. They fade from dimmer(more purple) light to brighter(whiter) light...This period, before they are to there whitest color is known as the "warm up period"...

·
Sleek And Low
249 Posts
Matt Whelan said:

Not sure what you mean by that...But they don't flash like that of course....HIDs, when first turned on, are a dimmer purple and then immediately get really bright and turn a whiter color...All HID's do this.
I just installed a 6000k kit w/the Phillips ballasts on my Ducati. When I hit the switch they burst on in a dark purple/blue shade. After 5-8 seconds they are warm and remain a deep blue color. A 4000k kit will generally become very white to almost yellowish, but not the 6000k.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Bread said:

I just installed a 6000k kit w/the Phillips ballasts on my Ducati. When I hit the switch they burst on in a dark purple/blue shade. After 5-8 seconds they are warm and remain a deep blue color. A 4000k kit will generally become very white to almost yellowish, but not the 6000k.
You are correct...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts