Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G

·
That was an SL500, they haven't come out with the SL600 yet and there is no proof that they are going to anytime soon. All of the 6.0 Liters are V12's and that would be a sweet engine for that car :D

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Dude....... *sniff*sniff*.. that what the most beautiful *sniff* piece of film art i have ever seen. wait....*sniff*........I need a kleenex. I....I....I.....I love you man. *sniff*

·
Registered
702 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:
Dude....... *sniff*sniff*.. that what the most beautiful *sniff* piece of film art i have ever seen. wait....*sniff*........I need a kleenex. I....I....I.....I love you man. *sniff*

i hear ya man...it costs 10,000 dollars to get into the race...and it's your risk getting pulled over, arrested, etc...but if ya got the money, like those guys did, it didn't matter...they got arrested quite a few times, road blocks, chased by cops, prostitutes riding in the cars....Now that's my idea of FUN!!!! I would kill to do something like this one day!

hey, y'all, there's more info about this, and about the full movie about the Gumball 3000 they are making to be out in a couple of months, and more pictures and stuff....check out:

http://www.dtmpower.net/

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
SpeedDemon said:
That was an SL500, they haven't come out with the SL600 yet and there is no proof that they are going to anytime soon. All of the 6.0 Liters are V12's and that would be a sweet engine for that car :D
Nope, even better than a SL 600, it's a Euro AMG SL 55, They might bring it to the states in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's the back of it.

Attachments

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Way back in the seventies one of these races (gumball or canonball) was won by 3 guys in a VW van. Only mods were a heavily beefed up suspension and a gas tank that completely filled the rear of the van to within 2 feet of the roof. One slept on top of the tank, one drove and the last navigated. Coast to coast non stop.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well I bet my buddys VW Van doesn't win any races... With 3 passengers and a single seat in the back the thing will do about 65 topped out, and only about 45 up a hill! I don't really mind, cause the only time I ride in it is to go "BACKWOODS" camping. By backwoods I mean anywhere with a tree with sap, a rock that might leap up to bite my Legends paint, or a vicious wild animal that might nibble the Pirellis...

This weekend Im going to be riding from Seattle to friggin Wenatchee in this beater! Pray for me, brothers! Ohh well, should be worth it to go river rafting and get completely facelessly smashed.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Those scenes remind me if the Nopi SuperStreet tour. ("3 legged monster") I did it in 2000. Imagine 200 + tricked out rides traveling in a pack to a common destination (Nopi Nationals in Atlanta, Ga.) Fun factor is extremely high. Cops, speed, women (and for women- men) food, rest area car shows, gas station car shows, This a definate "must do" affair if you are able. There is no fee to join the pack and roll. Pick up a current issue of Super-Street to get details or Nopi.com. There usually are three legs (Cali to Atl , Somewhere up north to Atl. and Florida to Atl.) Cali to Atl usually is 3-4 days long while the other two is usually 2 days long. Then theres partys along the way with an obsurb number of "100+ mph highway runs" just like in the video. But the cops usually have their ears to the ground about these runs so be very careful because there will be plenty along the way. Especially at the Georgia border.

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
I did the 2000 northern leg. Idiots doing 100mph weaving in and out of rush hour traffic in Raleigh-Durham.

N.C. cops out in force gettin folks for speeding and clear tails etc.

The line of Legends just set the cruise at +10 and had no problems.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I remember Canonball Run and Canonball Run 2. Some of the most entertaining movies I ever seen :) I loved how they used the Ambulance as their vehical complete with fake doctor and patient. Also the flip license plates :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts