Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the OEM Stereo/Cassette from the 1986 Legend and replace it with a Stereo/CD (basic stuff). The car is my little sister's, so I am doing this for <$200 (my gift to her - I am going nuts without a CD!).

I am sure many of you have done this, and now I need some advice.

BTW, searching through the archives nets very little.

Does anyone have any comments on how tough it is? How about the wiring harness (colors)? Will I still be able to control the volume up top? Is there a simple way to pull this off?

Anyone want to share pics of their installation?

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a difference in the wiring harnesses between years, or are all the G1 harnesses identical?

How will the stock speakers sound with an aftermarket head unit? I am not interested in acoustic excellence, just decent sound (I listen to AM radio often).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to Best Buy.

I got a Jensen CD/Radio with 45Wx4 for only $99. It cost another $48 for the adapter kit (double to single DIN), wiring harness, bass blockers, filters, and tax. So, for $147... I've now got a CD player in the car.

The Jensen deck has a remote control which I mounted on the rear of the handbrake (with plastic zip ties). Now, with my arm on the armrest, the remote works the radio via fingertip controls!

Thanks for the advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts