Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Nice man...But I don't see why people make such a big deal about these...I think half of the people who do make such a big deal of them, don't know why they are making such a big deal of them...They've just seen people say so much about them...

Anyways, looking pretty sharp...There are many cars I would take over that though...Looks like a combo of a older 240SX and a BMW 8-Series...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
i love that color but i would much rather have a supra thats my dream car with the front end conversion body kit thats 11,700 dollars at suprastore.com i know i will proally never get one but i love to think about what it would be like to on one below is the body-kit its soooo tite

http://www.suprastore.com/abs9supconmo.html

·
Registered
199 Posts
ummmmmm

ummm ill take the skyline see yah at the track:p and for the supra that could be my futures wifes car:rolleyes: in her dreams tho ok lol:p :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like it cause it reminds me soo much of the Legend... The same Shape just BIGGER! No other car except the Legend shares these characteristics. 380 HP Stock isnt bad and I Just Luv its LOOKS!:D

·
Registered
139 Posts
What is the thingy on the trunk that looks like exhaust pipes for?

Kick A$$ car though...

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
BLF said:
What is the thingy on the trunk that looks like exhaust pipes for?

Kick A$$ car though...
Trunk Angel eyes?:confused: :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Matt Whelan said:
Nice man...But I don't see why people make such a big deal about these...I think half of the people who do make such a big deal of them, don't know why they are making such a big deal of them...They've just seen people say so much about them...

Anyways, looking pretty sharp...There are many cars I would take over that though...Looks like a combo of a older 240SX and a BMW 8-Series...
Matt, I know you're a pretty intelligent dude, and all, but unless you have driven one or any of the past models, you will understand why people make a BIG deal out of them. I've owned one while stationed in Japan, and can honestly say that the ride comfortablility, steering, cornering , and braking is second to none as far Japanese import is concerned. If I'm not mistaken, the cops over there use the 4 door version of the Skyline. If you ever get the chance to drive the top of the line or even the second from the top of the line(maybe even third), I'm sure that statement that you made would have never came to mind. Like the statement goes "Don't knock it unless you've tried it".

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I saw on the NSX forums that someone was selling or willing to trade a US DOT legal and registered R34 for an NSX or $50 something thousaind. I always wondered where you get those things serviced though> I don't supposed you can drive it in to your local Nissan dealer and say, "I want a 60K mile service" :D

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
whiplash9001 said:

Matt, I know you're a pretty intelligent dude, and all, but unless you have driven one or any of the past models, you will understand why people make a BIG deal out of them. I've owned one while stationed in Japan, and can honestly say that the ride comfortablility, steering, cornering , and braking is second to none as far Japanese import is concerned. If I'm not mistaken, the cops over there use the 4 door version of the Skyline. If you ever get the chance to drive the top of the line or even the second from the top of the line(maybe even third), I'm sure that statement that you made would have never came to mind. Like the statement goes "Don't knock it unless you've tried it".
True True...Ya, I mean they have to be awesome...And I am sure that they are...As big as the rave about them is...I'm just saying it seems like one person says "Skylines are baaaaadd" and others who havn't driven one immediately become followers of that statement....Ya, I agree though...I need to drive before I bash..:D

·
Registered
733 Posts
ChrisK said:
I saw on the NSX forums that someone was selling or willing to trade a US DOT legal and registered R34 for an NSX or $50 something thousaind. I always wondered where you get those things serviced though> I don't supposed you can drive it in to your local Nissan dealer and say, "I want a 60K mile service" :D
Lol...Yeah, true that Chris. I was always wondering were there gonna be people to service mine when I tried to bring it back here, but that was the least of my worries. 1. The Insurance: Umm, sir we don't have that model in our listing and the fact that you have the steering wheel on the right hand side is a big issue with us(the quote ended up being $2800/yr). 2. Custom Fees: Hee Hee, You thought because you were military it was only going to be $2,000 to get it over here on US soil (ended up being $6000). 3. The D.O.T. Specifications: Red Tape and Bulls**t. But the part that really made me furious was that at the same time I had a good friend of mine trying to bring a '83 or '84 280 Z over here and he got through Customs with only having to pay $2000, His insurance was like half of what I had to pay, and D.O.T. only asked that he change his bumpers and all windows to US specs. D**n Haters! They was just scared that once everybody got wind of this, there would have been a mass exodus down to every Nissan dealer for orders.

·
Registered
733 Posts
ThaAcSwerver said:
Hey Whiplash.......

A friend of mine says the steering feel of the Skylines are on par with Legends. Is that true?
You know Ac, I would have to give the steering of the Skyline a cut above the Legend. The R 33 that I had was more in line with the 325 E BMW.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ChrisK said:
I always thought that tooo.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i'd say A supra can beat tat car then again... if u hav $$$$$$$$$ ne thing is possible

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well you can have a skyline as long as you have the money, and more money after that. I live in Bayonne, NJ (10 mins from NYC) and I visit Edgewater sometimes and there is a Skyline there, right hand drive and all. You can have the car, just have it registered as a show car/race car. You "just" can't drive it on the streets legally. Motorex in Cali converts the Skylines so they meet US spec. BTW, until you see on in person, its F*CKIN BIG... much like a Legend coupe on juice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.