Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I could get a six or a five speed transmission.

How's this for logic, Japanese car right, yet I can't get the manual transmissions because they were only produced for export!! That makes alot of Dam* sense doesn't it?!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Ha, no six speeds in Japan?

I guess they are rare where ever you go to find them:)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don't i love driving stick, even in stop and go traffic. Then again i'm only 17 and i've been driving stick for since i got my licsense to when i got my legend(recently). Heh i even took my test in my dads truck(stick =P)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
infinite said:
To me automatics are better for a primary car. They are easier in heavy traffic and you can just sit back and drive and relax.

However, for a second "fun" car I wouldn't mind having a stick.
Ya, I thought I heard a few years back about a Jaguar that was both. I remember hearing that you could push a button to change from manual to auto and vice versa...Is this true?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Love the Manuals

I had a 5 speed Saab 900 Turbo and after I sold it, I've missed my manual tranny. Now I have a 6-speed coupe and it feels great to have a manual again. We don't have much if any traffic jams here so I don't have that problem. :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
My wife and I are so much into manuals that i looked for over a year to find a Legend sedan with a manual trans and a cloth interior. I will admit tho that if I was going to have an automatic, a car like this would be the one to have it in. But I've never liked any Honda product with an auto trans - I just don't like the way they shift.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I once had someone over there inquire about buying my car. Sounded really determined for the same reason, but I guess he ran into trouble finding a mechanic :rolleyes: .

Hmm... thinking back on that and using a bit of basic economics.... How do you find the equilibrium price again? You use Demand and... oh, yeah- Supply!

Sold for $459,895!!! :D

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Matt Whelan said:

Ya, I thought I heard a few years back about a Jaguar that was both. I remember hearing that you could push a button to change from manual to auto and vice versa...Is this true?
Don't know about that. Sounds like a typical manu-matic that a lot of cars are coming with today like the TLs and CLs.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
infinite said:

Don't know about that. Sounds like a typical manu-matic that a lot of cars are coming with today like the TLs and CLs.
Ya, I heard that back when I didn't know too much about cars so I was thinking that it was probably just that function that I remembered the 99 TL I drove having...That would be cool to have both though:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
What alot of new cars have is called steptronic. It's like having automatic but it has an extra part where you can control shifting from gear to gear faster and easier...Manual without a clutch basically

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
infinite said:
To me automatics are better for a primary car. They are easier in heavy traffic and you can just sit back and drive and relax.

However, for a second "fun" car I wouldn't mind having a stick.
i dont understand the ideaology that driving a stick in traffic is a pain in ones buttocks....

·
88 sleeper
1,159 Posts
jrock7791 said:
I wish I could get a six or a five speed transmission.

How's this for logic, Japanese car right, yet I can't get the manual transmissions because they were only produced for export!! That makes alot of Dam* sense doesn't it?!
then you'd need a 6speed ECU which is tuned for 92 octane...unless you play the lottery & ship it to Bayou

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.