Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yeah, Leon now you're talking, I've been feeling this kind of meet since I got here. Now I realize we couldn't get everybody to show, but if we can get at least 100 Legends together, we could be how would you say "LEGENDary". All we need is to set a holiday aside where it may end up as a three day weekend, then pick a spot where everyone can get to within a day or so(easier said than done, but I think it can work).

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
whiplash9001 said:
Yeah, Leon now you're talking, I've been feeling this kind of meet since I got here. Now I realize we couldn't get everybody to show, but if we can get at least 100 Legends together, we could be how would you say "LEGENDary". All we need is to set a holiday aside where it may end up as a three day weekend, then pick a spot where everyone can get to within a day or so(easier said than done, but I think it can work).
hopefully soon..

hopefully NOPI

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
The MR2's meet every year. This year there was something like 250-300. They had it in Birmingham, AL. They hit the local drag strip that night. It is a blast taking a big group of imports to a country strip! Especially if we get Dv8 down here! Then to the hotel for a group diner followed by siminars. They ended the night drinking and hanging out together in the parking lot. Just looking at their cars. Saturday they hit Talladaga Super Speedway. They actually got to run laps! Another diner that night. That is all I remember from my friends story. Plus he told me about it on Saturday night. I think we could pull something of this scale off within a year. Lets make Leon in charge of it. We know it will get done then! :D I would really like to do something like this. I will help out in any way. I can get corprate rates for hotels. I actually like the idea of going to vegas. Maybe for Jrock's wedding!!!!!
Later!
Lee

·
Registered
733 Posts
Is there anywhere down in ATL that we can take a drive like that? That would be fun too.:) :) :) :) :)

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
You gotta remember that NSX owners tend to be a bit more affluent than Legend owners. They are able to take time off from work and travel half the country. Can't say that for many Legend owners. Heck guys like jose3030 can't even make it to local afternoon meets.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Dave C ver2.0 said:
You gotta remember that NSX owners tend to be a bit more affluent than Legend owners. They are able to take time off from work and travel half the country. Can't say that for many Legend owners. Heck guys like jose3030 can't even make it to local afternoon meets.
You know, I wasn't gonna go there Dave, but since you brought it up......You are pretty much on target, especially with that last sentence.......I'm pretty sure they have a Jose3030 in every forum.....It's a scary azz thought,but I guess, somewhere out there there is a guy in the Rice Boy forum telling the guys he can't make the meet 3 doors down from his house......SAD BUT TRUE.....I think these type of people need to be penalized(like no posting for a month)for the 1st offense........2nd offense would be give up the keys to your (so called) 6 speed Legend for the weekend.....and the 3rd offense would be banning the offender for life from the Legend Forum, give up the pink slip to the Legend, since he's not a worthy member......Just a thought...:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Hatin the rain already
598 Posts
HEY!! I live in VEGAS! I am dyin for a local meet. It could be like cannonball run when all of the east coast LEGENDS meet up somewhere over there then caravan out here with as few tickets/jail and as fast as possible. Everyone would roll into [email protected]$ [email protected]$ and meet at the strip or something and claim a large parking lot. that would be so cool because I and a few lucky friends wouldnt have to worry about a hotel. Make it happen people. dont know when but that would be sweet!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
full_stealth said:
HEY!! I live in VEGAS! I am dyin for a local meet. It could be like cannonball run when all of the east coast LEGENDS meet up somewhere over there then caravan out here with as few tickets/jail and as fast as possible. Everyone would roll into [email protected]$ [email protected]$ and meet at the strip or something and claim a large parking lot. that would be so cool because I and a few lucky friends wouldnt have to worry about a hotel. Make it happen people. dont know when but that would be sweet!!
Those meets look like they've been funded or arranged by someone relating to Acura or Honda. The professional meets usually include housing accomodations and food. If we find the right person to speak to, our Legend community might possibly have a shot at one of these meets one day. Leon may have the biggest lead on it yet. There must be some data base of legend owners somewhere inside of some a remote room where no body goes into. We must get it!!!!!! Ok, I like to daydream a lot, but still... it might be true.

I'd also like to meet but have like a year's notice or something. =)

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Hey,

At least y'all will remember me when I show up...

:)

"WHO IS THAT!??!!?!? Oh, that's jose3030!!!!!!!!!!"

hahaha

By the way guys, G2 for the August 3rd meet. I aint messing around w/ the G1..

-Jose

·
Registered
248 Posts
one thing that was funny when I met up wit a bunch of people from a car audio fourm, was that people didnt know what to call people by. its kinda funny to see a bunch of people standing together and say,

"hey, I am deathknight", who are you, oh I am pikachu...
hahaha

then gain, it was even weirder with Quake meets way back in the day :)

b

·
Registered
733 Posts
bing0 said:
one thing that was funny when I met up wit a bunch of people from a car audio fourm, was that people didnt know what to call people by. its kinda funny to see a bunch of people standing together and say,

"hey, I am deathknight", who are you, oh I am pikachu...
hahaha

then gain, it was even weirder with Quake meets way back in the day :)

b
I had the same thought too, but I don't mind peeps calling me Whiplash...It was like my screen name over in AOL so I got used to it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.