Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking about what cosmetic enhancements I could do to the car and I've decided I want to dye my interior plastic/vinyl.
I have the tan leather and 'chocolate' interior and quite frankly I think the brown sucks, easily the most 'dating' aspect of the car. I'm thinking a charcoal colour will still suit the leather (which I don't really want to mess about with), and should be a fairly safe colour to go to from brown.

Has anybody dyed their interior or parts thereof?
Im planning to do everything - dash, console, all the pillars, running boards, but need to know how good the stuff is and how long it will last.

BTW I plan on using the SEM vinyl dye as I have read that it's the gear for this type of work.

Anybody else sick of the brown even?

cheers

richard

·
Registered
180 Posts
humm richard how much do thoes dye's go for now and days. if you would like to wait, i have bought a center console to test with, and i could mabye go out and buy some dye and dye it a color i would like, and tell you the results with pictures also.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the SEM stuff is about 3-5 bucks a can. If you could give it a go on your spare console that would be wicked! I think this is a job worth doing for all legend owners with 80's colours inside.

cheers

rich

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have a concern for you guys, if you have brown (dark color) and are trying to go light the dark color may show through if you dont do enough coats, let me check it out with my console (black), im planing to run to homedepot today so i'll pick up some of that while im there.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Libido Tony - you are a fawking legend for doing this!
Slugman, as always, you cracken me up here!

Seriously though, sounds like there might be a few of us with the cafe late / baby shyte brown interior woes, it would be great to be able to update the interior without shizeing it up or spending muchas coin!

lets keep this afloat!

Rich

·
Registered
180 Posts
doh freakin homedepot! they didn't have it, i bought a Kidde fire extunigsher for my rice rocket, 10 bucks for the smallest one 3 lbs, came with a mounting kit, plan to mount it in my trunk =). And a mag light, it carrys 4 cells 21 bucks. Dressing up my rocket. O yes i've talked to my R/C buddy and he used shirt dye from walgreens, to dye his R/C wheels, he said the color for his didn't come out right (he messed up) but the dye stained pretty good, i plan to run by there tommorw and pick up a dye kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts