Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is screw to adjust the idle speed in our KA8 engine? my idle seems a bit low and rough
a pic would be great (or manual page#?). I saw one a while ago but now couldn't find it when I need it :rolleyes:
Thanks guys

·
Banned
618 Posts
When would you adjust the "Idle Adjusting Screw"?
What is its purpose? Idling???

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
If your idle has never been adjusted it will have a grey wax cap over the screw. You will barely be able to see it. Get a flat head and break that off and there is the screw. You would adjust this if your car idles at to high or low rpm. I believe idle should be around 650rpm.
Later!
Lee

·
Banned
618 Posts
Whats a good scenario example?
Like for example u pull up to a stop light, or u pull up into a drive way. and put your car in park. ?

I had a situation, were at PARK, my meter would just rev its self up.
then later stop. ( up to 2,500 RPM )

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
as far as I know, the idle speed is considered the rpm at 0 mph, no matter if it's in P, N or D (but let it stays for at least 5 mins).

"at PARK, my meter would just rev its self up then later stop": that must be right after starting up the car, needed to warm up quickly to normal running temp. up the 2500 rpm is normal.

·
Registered
9,142 Posts
khoerling said:
I used a flat-head screw driver, and the head just cracked off.
Now, the adjustment screw is flat on top.

k.
Are you sure it was the screw head? It sounds like it might have been the wax cap over the screw head. I had worked mine with plenty of tourque with no problems.
Later!
Lee

·
Banned
618 Posts
Would it be best to turn the "idle adjust screw" when the car is turned off or on?

I would suppose on so you would determine, how your engine is running right?
Is there any backdraft from just "screwing" with it ?

I would like to just turn the screw up and see wahts the outcome, and also turn it down.

then finally adjust it to the correct mode if i can determine that. Thanks~

·
Banned
618 Posts
MikeD said:
Oh please never when your car is off. Only during Idle. After warm up the engine, the idle should be in range of 650-750 rpm for an Automatic (subtract 50-70 rpm for a Manual). Do you know how that works? If not, I can post you the complete steps incl pics. There are 2 ways to get a proper Idle. -Mike
If you would please! thanks! :****: you DA maN! :****:

·
Banned
618 Posts
Thanks alot! i'll give it try tommrow morning! i'll keep you updated on how things go!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.