Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Probably. Depends on the $$$. Any CAI I'd consider MUST have the AEM in-line breather as a integral part for safety reasons and I'd prefer something that routed through the right fog light. I know the routing for '91-'93 would be different from '94-'95 but I think that's something we could deal with. Just my .02---

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
Danny, for how much? There might be an easier way, if you have an intake, there's an extension kit available, you buy a new cone filter with built in heatshield and then the extension connects to that with an elbow, and piping that you can lead to come out from under the right bumper light, that's what i did, it looks and works great :)

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
I bought this kit from a local tuner shop here in Miami, I just saw it sittin with the intakes, it comes as the elbow, connected to a long flex pipe, and a plastic inlet with holes to block leaves etc, I'll try and get pics as soon as i find a digi cam...

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Wow! That sounds like what a lot of us have been looking for. Who makes it and does it have a place where you could add the AEM breather? Thanks---

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
I think it's made by a company named Simota, and as for the AEM bypass, i dunno i haven't seen one in person, i assume it can be added between the elbow and the tubing, shouldn't be a problem, but i haven't actually tried it so i'm not sure.

·
has left the building
7,217 Posts
Well.....

Dave, I don't know about the CAI from ImportToys but I've got the Weapon R cold air box and and I'm still trying to make it fit properly. For $175, I got 3 pieces of aluminum with 5 screws and fitment problems. The hole that is cut for the intake pipe is too high which in turn, forces the filter to sit too high and THAT causes the top of the box to not fit and clear the filler neck for the power steering fluid resevoir. Great idea but piss-poor execution. When and if I get the thing fixed, I'll let ya'll know but right now a properly-engineered CAI would really get my attention. Later---

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that's an andy combat kit.

Well if someone got a cheaper route I'd go with it. **** man 200 bucks for some pipings and a filter is way too much I have this thought only because I'm desperate after I lost a race with a type R. I was gonna drop my money that was meant for my system into some NOS good thing my gf stopped me before I did it. LOLZ

·
Five- O
857 Posts
I found the website
http://www.simota.com.au/

Go into kits and srowl to bottom and you'll see the felxible tubing extension. But according to the page they sell the entire kit- reg pipe, filter w/ heatshield and flex pipe.
May have to conact them to see if will just sell the flex pipe

Esti

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if you read on to the bottm it'll tell u that all of the above are purchased seperately so I think the answer is yes they sell the extension seperately. question now is HOW MUCH? plus they're all the way in Austrailia would this be a problem? can we find these stuff here?

·
LEGEND
909 Posts
I already had intake, so i just bought heatshield filter (you need it for a perfect fit) the elbow connector, the flex piping, and the drain piece.

·
502MotorSports.com
9,321 Posts
Mine was Legend Spec, and costs less than $250.00. In fact, if I had gotten the one from Import Toys, it may have been less than $150 with all the parts....his intake is $80, right? If so, then right at $120!! I paid $192 for my Weapon R Hyper Intake, and an additional $15-20 on additional supplies (i.e gutter mesh, hose, clamps. etc)

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts