my little comparison
I own both G1 LS Coupe 5spd and G2 LS Coupe 6spd
G2 is faster and newer and has heated seats and doors that suck them selves in, ooowwwww big deal, everyone but myself slams the door. But there are many features of the G1 that I truly miss.
1. and this is a big ONE. Trip Control and System Monitor Console, for crying out loud, as if there wasn't a better feature on the car they couldn't remove. This is what put it in the big league with the BMW's and Audi's minus the rust.
2. All the storage compartment. SH!T man, what happened to all my storage compartments. First there's the one on the door that I use to stuff 6 CD's into with a lid that closed shut, now there's this shallow, crappy @ss thing that has "Place items here that you wish to loose.".
3. Next there's the one on top of the dash board, I guess the replacement was the one below the ash tray, but if you want to compare cubic volume, G1 wins.
4. OK hear comes the slapper, the center console and the glove box, holy sh!t, they might as well not even put one in if they were gonna make it that freaking small. As if there wasn't a better place to put the ABS and now I can't fit my Alpine changer in the glove box without cutting the damb thing. I was able to put it in the G1 glove box.
5. You know how all cars with sun roof's have this wind deflector that pops out when you open the roof. Well guess what, G1 has it and G2 doesn't.
6. uhhh, uhhh, can't think of anything else, but when I do you'll hear my scream.
........ ha just remembered, in the G1 there's an accessory option to replace the ash tray with a cup holder for two cans, which I have. G2, no cup holder no accessory option, somebody spilt coffee all over themselves one day and messed it up for the masses.
In conclusion, G2 seems to be more of a downgrade than an upgrade, however I'll slap you if you tell me my G2 suck, yea baby!! 230hp and SIX gears.