Acura Legend Forum banner

what would you pay for a real nice HP producing CAI?

Votes: 7 43.8%

Votes: 6 37.5%

Votes: 1 6.3%

Votes: 2 12.5%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
K&N filter, Intake, and CAI extention. All hardware to connect up.

Same intake i run. i Run a 15.2 and 13.6 on NOS.

Intakes on legends are the second biggest power adder behind the chip which requires it and an exhaust Nos does not count.

Easy detachable CAI extention for wet days.

Flush design, no air snags positions right close to foglight cover for RAM air effect.
A better picture will be up soon.

will Look like this:

If i get ten buyers i will start aranging packages.

~Hybrid

·
LEGEND
904 Posts
i'm guessing when you said Ram Air you were talking about through the fog light covers on the 91-93's? how low does this go?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'd buy one!

After shipping I think I paid close to 230 for the RM Racing intake back in 97. I'd certainly be willing to pay $250 for a CAI.

Hell, if you go with the whole Weapon R CAI setup it would cost over $400(with the box) and I'm sure yours would yield better results.

·
Blk/BlkGS6
1,753 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:
u didnt mention a price.................?
oh my bad i just saw the poll at the top....................
well i would still want the lowest price possible ya know, and since ur own of our own fellow legend owners id think u wud not try to squeeze big profits out of us..................i wud be happy to pay u $150 for it..........................i mean its probably
around $100 in parts right...............so $50 seems right for ur expense in labor/profit...........................since if we did it ourselves it would probably cost us less then $100 anyway.................

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
infinite said:
You say "...NON TCS Legend engine's Both Type's,..."
So I assume you mean Type I and Type II, no? Are not all Type II engines TCS engines? So I am confused.
No, only the GS sedans and TypeII LS coupes came with TCS. The TypeII L coupe did not.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
LEgEnD4LiFe said:

oh my bad i just saw the poll at the top....................
well i would still want the lowest price possible ya know, and since ur own of our own fellow legend owners id think u wud not try to squeeze big profits out of us..................i wud be happy to pay u $150 for it..........................i mean its probably
around $100 in parts right...............so $50 seems right for ur expense in labor/profit...........................since if we did it ourselves it would probably cost us less then $100 anyway.................
Weapon-R charges $180 just for the intake, RM charges over $200 just for the intake.

$100 for the intake and CAI??? Unless your getting some cheap ass parts, it's not going to happen.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Thai.95LCoupe said:
Dont mean to sound like a dumbass.. but what are thoes lil filter looking thins on DV8's engine..:confused:
Those are individual breather filters, since DV8's intake pipe don't have the 3 holes that comes off the pipe like speeddemon's WR

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will have to publish some more pictures as soon as i get my digital camera back.

The intake will not cost me less than 100 as a matter of fact it wont cost me less than 175. parts are pretty expensive espesially a 35 dollar K&N filter, however it really isnt anyones business what it will cost me. Ive done the reaserch and the R&D. now you can reap the benefits.

No i havent done any Dyno's with/without the CAI but My cars performance speaks for itself. with the CAI i pulled 185WHP and 170lbft AUTO.

The CAI extension works with the intake i have, i cant guarantee that it will fit whatever intake you already have. i belive the RM and W/R are both longer than the one i have.

The REsonator box(black box) needs to go.

The filter or CAI opening will sit just behind the foglight opening on sedans and probably the same with coupes, i really doubt it much different.

For all those people still dicking around with TCS, its a poor excuse for a Traction system. I have a TYPE 2 engine and didnt even bother hooking it up because it sacrifices performance 10 fold.

if you have TCS and you dont want to remove it i cant help u at this point.

Target price is around 200-215+shipping.

~Hybrid

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am little confused....when you say the filter will be behind the fog light cover for the Ram air effect, does this mean that the cover has to be removed?
or is the intake opening actually positioned under the bumper?
or is it simply behind the bumper?

thanks

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
BLF said:
I am little confused....when you say the filter will be behind the fog light cover for the Ram air effect, does this mean that the cover has to be removed?
or is the intake opening actually positioned under the bumper?
or is it simply behind the bumper?

thanks
I think DV8 means you can remove it (fog lite cover) for the ram air effect, or leave it covered. For 94-95 models, they will just get the semi-ram effect due to different bumper designs.

If you look at mine here, you may get the jist of what he is saying:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.