Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 93 Type II AUTO coupe w/ 87k miles. If I were to race a 94 Type II 6 Speed coupe w/ 75k miles, how close would the race be?
I'm going to race this spoiled kid in my neighborhood, so I'm just curious to know how far the auto will fall behind the 6 speed

thanks.

I'll post results...

·
Life Ruiner
4,701 Posts
if all depends on how his driving ability is.

its all about the launch. if he launches and catches, your going to fall behind probably a car length.

the odds are you wont loes much traction given your in an auto so it should be a close race with you winning assumming hes a normal to bad driver.

~Hybrid

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
I agree with DV8 100%. Since I own both a TYPE II Coupe auto, and my 93 6-Speed Coupe, I can say this, if you botch the lanuch on the 6-Speed, the auto will win. If the 6-Speed gets a good launch, he will win. If the race is only up to say 70-80MPH, it will definately be a drivers race. If you go past 100MPH+ and for about a 1/2 mile or so, the 6-Speed will catch up and edge in front even if he was behind at the launch.

I say if you guys race to 60 or so, you would probably win the first race or two. I would bet that the 6-Speed owner would be a bit nervous, and either dump the clutch too fast and spin the tires, or bogg it. Now this is with the TCS off. If he forgets to take the TCS off, reves too high and dumps the clutch, he will engage the TCS and it will be over for him (provided he has an LS). When that happens the 6-Speed's 0-60 time could go way over 8 seconds. I should know, I've done it :( It takes over well over a second for it to recover to full throttle.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
aiznpride said:
unless u'r racing on the highway from like 60mph.
i've noticed that 6 speeds can get from 60-100 alot faster than automatics.
-j
60-100 is my sweet spot.

That's for **** sure.
Just ask 95coupe.

I blasted home boy from 60mph to 100 the other day.
However, it was from a rolling start like at 35 mph..

He kept up til like 70, then it was bye bye.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Does anybody know the 1/4 mile time of the 6 speed coupes (as tested by Road and Track or Car and Driver)?

I went to the races on Friday night and there was some pretty quick cars in the 16 second range. my type 1 auto was 16.6, so I am wondering what I could do with my 6 speed if I can get the launch down.... anyone.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I remember ChrisK saying best time for 6 speed was 14.9 1/4mile. But I've never heard of cases where normal drivers getting 14.9. More realistically I'd say 15.1-15.3 for 6 speed.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
I think I remember NickD saying 14.8... but I dont remember if that was stock or not. I figure with my driving skills, I could probably break 15.5.... maybe. My car is bone stock, and we are at altitude as well so that may affect the times as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.