Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shifting really lazily lately and I have grinded my gears a couple of times. How bad is this for the _______ (fill in the blank). I know its the teeth not meshing together, but will I start to lose gears and my synchros as a result of this. My step-dad says I can do it all day and its not that bad. What are the professional opinions on this??

Thanx guys...:)

·
Registered
996 Posts
All I know is that when it happens to me, I cringe and feel really bad after wards :)

·
Registered
722 Posts
It depends on how hard i would say. When I had my mustang GT back in High School...wow I feel old.......I miss judged the clutch and shifted hard trying to be a badazz, (long story short) I literally through 2nd gear out of the transmission housing! So just be careful.....I was also notorious with the dealership for chiping the teeth off the gears and burning up my clutch.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ScotcH said:
All I know is that when it happens to me, I cringe and feel really bad after wards :)
I give my dash a rub and say "poor thing" after I grind...LOL. then I shift like a granny for a bit.

jrock.... man that sucks. I would be more apt to try one of those shifts on a mustang rather than a legend. Too expensive for repairs. I hope it does not happen to me like that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Had my 93 Cobra, Blew a tranny- bad when i bought it, Put a short throw in and never another problem. Don't these vehicles have short throw shifters? On the Cobra I just unbolted the old one and the new one dropped in I think Imports are a little more complicated. But aren't they always?:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.