Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
90 acura legend

what i need to know is where is the igniter on the 90 legend I know that the 86 and 87 is just below the distributer with 3 wires blue and black with yellow and one black,with 90 legend it has 2 wires coming out of the distrb with a female connecter that sits on top of it thank you guys

·
Registered
293 Posts
The igniter on the 90 Legend was subject of a recall. Mine was replaced years ago under the recall. If you are having problems, call a dealer with your VIN and they can tell you whether yours was replaced under the recall.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
first I want to thank you for your reply,there reason why I was asking the question is because I changed engine from 2.5 to 2.7 ,mine was an 86 and the 90 distributer unit is different from the 86 im trying to run the wire to the igniter but i cant find it

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
all I can see on the driver side is the coil with 2 connectors and the spark wire,thank you

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Ok, I get it now. You need to put the old distrib in. It had the igniter on the distrib. To use the new distrib you would need the wiring and a new igniter.(which is why you don't see on the 86)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes thats what I m trying to do ,I mean I can go with the 90 legend distributer but the problem is that my main wire does not have a connector to connect to the female one on top of the distributor,now I can go to the junkyard and get the igniter but the thing is that i have no idea what it looks like and how to wire it if you can post a picture of the igniter and how to wire it would be great my friend ,I have the service manual for the acura 86 but thats not helping me,thank so much for the info

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.