Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll be pulling the igition timming values out of the car tomorrow (weather permiting) i'll put them up for everyone once i get them, unless some has what they change by over the rev-range.

jago

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i was hoping some had an ignition advance list for the rpm's. i'll have a go at getting it later on today

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well my m8 who has a timming light with advance readings was a no show today. but i did find this which may be of use.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the timming out up to 5.5k measured it 3 times between idle and 1000 to make sure.

Here is my rpm /advance (map not measured)
RPM -- advance
800 -- 18
1000 -- 33
1500 -- 33.5
2000 -- 36
2500 -- 33
3500 -- 31
4000 -- 30
5000 -- 35
5500 -- 40

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no not really stock.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i've changed it from 11 BTDC to 22 BTDC (n/a) and 18 BTDC (for nos) at idle

·
Registered
646 Posts
Are these numbers for RPM based timing only, because the curve looks weird. As RPMs increase, the timing advances, then retards, then advances again. It looks like there are other things affecting timing, like MAP and load sensing stuff. An RPM base timing curve would be a more steady increase.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thats about right for the std engine, what you have to remember is that this engine has 2 inlet systems that have very different flow rates,
Also this is only to get us started you/we really need a way of metering knock and a dyno to get the ign right for our different applications of the engine.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Right, right. I've done away with the 2 inlet systems, got rid of the flappers in the intake manifold. I'm really gonna be guessing this weekend when I start this thing up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good luck, i'd try the ign map in the file, that what i'm going to use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts