Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 92 L Coupe automatic to go along with my 94 GS 6 spd. The problem is that the right side of the guages (gas guage side) has a light or maybe two burned out so it is difficult to see the fuel level at night. Also, the radio has some burned out bulbs. Has anyone here done this themselves? What do I need to do to access these? Should I just let the (gag!) dealer handle it? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Comparing the coupe to the sedan is like comparing apples to oranges. I've had a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo and an '89 Legend LS 5 spd and the comparison is somewhat similar to those.

If you need space then the GS has gobs of that - in fact I think the Legend coupe doesn't use the interior space nearly as efficiently as it could considering the outside dimensions. The coupe seat bolsters are a little snug for me and I'm a skinny guy. The 300ZX had adjustable bolsters to accommodate various body shapes - do coupe seats adjust, too?

As far as ride, I much prefer the coupe. This is even after I've replaced the stock GS struts with Konis. There is something much more buttoned-down and sportier about the coupe.

Transmissions - well, I always like to shift the gears myself but I got the auto for my kids to learn to drive on. The auto does have the firm shift to 2nd that others write about but I don't find that offensive, just sporty. The car was a great bargain for us since they took our van in trade - anything to see that go - so it fits our needs at the present time. My ideal would be a '94-95 6 spd. coupe over the GS.

I've been following your posts and your new purchase on both forums - congratulations! The GS is definitely a fine ride for a large car and about the only choice for a manual these days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hello,
I've also got the same problem with lights on my 88 coupe.
Half the lights don't work such as on the radio, the Temperature control and indicators on the dash, does anyone know if this is a problem with the fuze box, I really don't think the lights have burned out as my friend actually bought replacement bulbs for his Accord and it made no diference.

Also how the hell can I sort it out, simply by replasing fuses?

THis is a another classic Honda problem and it's sad to see the '92 L coupe has also inherrited the electrics.

Aw well, you've got to pay for luxury I suppose, any help would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
I was wondering how to change the lights just because I want to do it for looks. I want to make all my lights red to go with my red exterior, plus I figured that it would be good at night since red is good for nightvision. What do you guys think.

Oh nice! that was my 100th post, look whose a senior member now! :cool: hehe

·
I'm too sexy for my car
2,498 Posts
SpeedDemon said:
I was wondering how to change the lights just because I want to do it for looks. I want to make all my lights red to go with my red exterior, plus I figured that it would be good at night since red is good for nightvision. What do you guys think.

Oh nice! that was my 100th post, look whose a senior member now! :cool: hehe
I too wanna know how to change those bulbs or rather is there any way to change the bulbs for the clock and A.C. Unit?

Congratulations on your 100th post SpeedDemon.

·
Registered
270 Posts
You are going to have to get a manual and follow the instructions to remove theinstrument cluster to replace the bulbs and clean the contacts at the back of the cluster.... There are also warnings about the air bags...

It says...
Disconnect negative battery post.
Remove steering wheel.
Remove upper and lower steering column covers.
Remove instrument cluster bezel.
Remove instrument cluster screws.
Pull the cluster out, unplug the wiring connection and speedo cable (if applicable)
replace bulbs.
Install is reverse....

The problem some of you are having (half the cluster working, half not, is probably from dirty contacts at the back... Try cleaning them carefully... A good Staedtler eraser is best for cleaning electronic connections....

Good luck

·
Registered
427 Posts
damn thats a lot of work did anyone change the bulb b4 like that or is there an easier way that someone is keeping form me
anyway i know i would have to replace them somewhere along the way but for now i want them bright!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pipes_0 : If your lights still work but are not bright enough, do you know about the brightness adjustment knob for instrument cluster?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts