Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i'm pretty new to car decks and i need to get a new deck soon. so my question is when i buy a deck can i just install it myself? my stock deck has one connector, so do i just clip that connector to my new deck or it may require some professional installation thanks

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,926 Posts
pipes_0 said:
hi i'm pretty new to car decks and i need to get a new deck soon. so my question is when i buy a deck can i just install it myself? my stock deck has one connector, so do i just clip that connector to my new deck or it may require some professional installation thanks
What Legend model do you have? L or LS/GS? It makes a big differnece.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a 88 LS i', think of just getting a deck that has 50x4 watt thanks. right now i have the stock L model with aftermarket speakers. thanks oh yeah and in the back i remember that my connector to the stock deck is just one plug i forgot how many pins it has though

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
Yeah, you should be able to go to your local audio shop and get the wiring harness. You connect that with the one that comes with the deck and it should work out. if you get a single din you will need a dash kit, which is kind of a pain. you can make it look nice though. ill have my pics up shortly.
Cd changers can be funny, you probably need the same kind of cd changer as deck, if you have the bose changer, you will want to go with alpine or get a connector to interface the changer to the head unit. hope i helped. its not hard
peace
Tnelson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts