Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was checking on the old forums and someone said they had Enkei's w/ a 42+ offset and 225/40/18's and they experienced rubbing and the Legend wasn't even lowered..

Someone suggested that he should have gotten 215/40/18's instead of the 225's...

But every time someone brings this up or as I do all the time they say " oh it's fine there will be no rubbing"

Also I did a search for 215 tires and cant find any that I like.. and I want Khumos but they don't have them..

Looks like i'm SOL...

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
I managed to squeeze on 235/40/r17 +43 offset lowered 2" with no rubbing in the front and the rubbing in the rear was solved by removing the rubber strips covering the fender lip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to beable to put on these wheels w/o modification.. but it's looking like this is not going to be possible.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I have 225/40/18 42+ offset and no problems with rubbing, and thats with a car load of people, I'm talking wheel under the fender here. There are plenty of people on this forum with this tire size who also have no problems. So the question would be, are the Enkies really 42+ ? or did the person sqweeze 45 series tires on them?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is there any way to cancel the order and suck up the restocking fee? What I've found is that different manufacturers in the same offset may rub or not rub when your cutting the offset close. Rule of thumb for a 7.5 in. rim on the Legend is 45 offset or higher. I would try to exchange these for something different, especially since you know that someone with the exact rim has had problems.

·
Registered
54 Posts
just a quick question...

what does it actually feel like when they DO rub? Is it really noticeable like scraping with a lowered car? What kind of noise will it make?

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
SLACK3RZ said:
just a quick question...

what does it actually feel like when they DO rub? Is it really noticeable like scraping with a lowered car? What kind of noise will it make?
sounds like this ..."SCruff, SCruff or scccccccuuuuuuuuuuuurf"

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
LeGeNdZ_4_LiFe said:

sounds like this ..."SCruff, SCruff or scccccccuuuuuuuuuuuurf"
Hey Leon nice sound affects:D :D :D

·
Banned
2,260 Posts
Leon

Leon,