Acura Legend Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking to buy something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&showTutorial=0&ed=1015965081&indexURL=0&rd=1

i know that it is dicontinued, but for under 20 bux im thinking its a good deal. i just gotta get it installed.

it says:
This superior anti-theft device deters a would-be thief by interrupting on of the engine's systems (Starter or Ignition), which are necessary for it to start. Even if a thief cuts the wires under the dashboard, they cannot disarm this device because the wires carry a coded signal to the control unit installed within the engine compartment.

it Disables starter, ignition and/or fuel system functions. its from the makers of 'the club' so id think it would be effective. my question is..is this worth it? i dont have an alarm on my car yet, would i be able to get an alarm with shutoff feature like this from the my local stereo shop. how much extra would an alarm with ignition shutoff cost compared to an alarm without it. And, if i buy this, i can still add an alarm later right? thanks a lot guys.

·
0000$$$$0000####0000
4,943 Posts
Well, I see the bid is closed for this item to I'm problably too late in responding, but nearly every aftermarket alarm has the ability to interupt at least 1 circiut. That is usually the starter or ignition (whichever you choose). Some units have dual or tripple interupts that can be used on the starter, ignition, and fuel all at the same time. Also, if you have a G2, your cars OEM alarm already has a starter kill circiut. Now I personally believe that it is too easy for anyone to bypass OEM starter kills, but at least it will stop the moron theives from starting your car and driving away with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot chrisK..ya i wasnt going to bid on this one, but i saw a similar one at a store and was wondering if its worth getting. anyone else have any opinions about it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts