Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as for your questions from my last thread, i think i may wanna go for looks/performance at a minimum...

i know i don't want sporty/racy...more luxury in the looks department, but i do wanna be able to blow these white boyz outta the water up here when they try to get fresh w/ me on the freeway...no offense fellaz...but you know what i mean!

oh, and one of my guy friends was suggesting i get a K&H filter just to start ($49.99 at schucks) but if i get intake then that would just be an extra 50 bucks i spent. what price range am i lookin at for intake?

and as for exhaust, i CANNOT have the high pitch shizz that most "guys" have...i need low, bassy shizz...you know, the good exhaust. the kind you get shivers from (okay, maybe that's just me!)
all i need is good, i don't need great. great will come in time, right now i need better than stock....ugh! this last week has been killin me!!!

help! all i need is some direction....(and a trip to the dealership & somethin to eat! ;)

thanks boys!:)

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Your three main choices of exhaust are Remus, Stromung, and Greddy. In terms of noise, I'd say they go in the same order with Remus being the quietest, and Greddy the loudest. That said, even the Greddy isn't all that loud, and definately not like what you hear on Civics and stuff. All three exhausts are "bassy".

The Remus has dual square tips, the Stromung has dual round tips, and the Greddy has a single, large round tip. I have a Remus and like it a lot.

As for intakes, the price range is rather large. I believe that there is an intake being advertised on ebay that's pretty cheap. It is being sold as a Legend intake, but I can't say for sure. There's also RM Racing, and Weapon-R. Those range from $150 to $200, I believe. There is also a Cold Air Box available from Weapon-R which boxes off the short ram filter from engine heat.

I decided to go with a cold air setup which I built for about $200 in materials.

With those done, you may want to consider getting a Bayou (formerly Dinan) stage II repacement ECU.

We have a few header projects in the works, and hopefully at least one of them materializes. Then you'll have headers as an option too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info....i been lookin into the Remus...does it look odd on the sedans? and i know the exhaust will be a bit pricey as well...do you have any suggestions as to what to go for first? i can't get both at once....maybe a couple weeks apart, but if it's longer, what's best? (intake or exhaust)

i want it all! but it's just not happenin fast enough!
:)

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I doesn't matter much which you get first as gains would probably be minimal with only one of the two.

I went with an exhaust first because for the longest time, I could not decide on an intake that I liked (thus I built one). Many people go with an intake first probably because it is less expensive than the exhaust. It's basically your call. One thing is that with the exhaust, the mod will be cosmetic as well.

I think that the Remus looks good on any Legend; coupe or sedan as it is comparatively somewhat sedate. Blends well with the luxury-esc design of our cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i think i am just strugglin w/ what to do. ugh.

but, thanks for your input and knowledge.
i really appreciate it.

i'll let you know if/what i decide to do.

ugh!:confused:

·
502MotorSports.com
9,296 Posts
welcome Nanna!
As LegendGS stated, the choice is yours...as far as intakes go...there is one more on the market from one of our own members, and it goes for like 89.95...Legend specific..a few other members have purchased them and seem pleased. Check them out at http://www.ImportToys.com

Welcome to the LEgend familia!
Any questions, please ask away!

BTW, will you be coming to show your car at NOPI this September?
Here's your invite...and post pics if possible ;)

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
First off you got a 51 YO white boy here darling. But don't hold that against me because I don't race (but I have been know to cruise at 120+). And I do love Legends.

LegendGS's exhaust info is straight up. I'v always considered the Remus tip design the "classiest".

As for intakes: RM no longer lists Legend parts on their website so your intake choices are Weapon R, ImportToys or ProCarParts (the EBay guys). All are decent pieces. RS Akimoto may still do a Legend intake also.

www.importtoys.com
www.procarparts.com

Save your $$$$ for wheels. Do not get cheap wheels as they just don't take road hazards well at all. Try and get forged wheels if you can save the $$$$. Also remember that many "bling bling" wheels are EXTREMELY heavy and will slow you down.

You should hit the next Seattle area meet and check the rides to see what ideas you like.

I'm not a big fan of radical drops on the Legend but an Eibach drop looks good and doesn't mess up the suspension at all. More than 1" and you need camber kits and have to modify suspension arms for clearance (and of course your also constantly fixing speed bump damage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks Leon and Dave and sorry for the WB comment. i knew i'd get shizz for that!

*runs off to the sites ya'll suggested*

Leon where's the meet in september? ya'll know i'll be there w/ my ride cuz i should have SOMETHING done by then!

I just signed your guestbook, and yes, I DID look at the men's only page, just to see what you're leavin out for the girls...

and yeah, i can bring my ride AND pose in front of it...you better believe it!:p

·
has left the building
7,205 Posts
RM Racing intake

Nanna, welcome to LegendWorld. It's a strange place sometimes but there are a LOT of good people here to help you out. If you are interested, I've got a new Weapon-R intake on the way to work with my WR cold air box so I will probably have a non-TCS RM Racing intake for sale here shortly. C ya--- :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
exhaust? mufflers??? screw em both!!!

exhausts do not add horsepower. in fact they restrict flow.
but if your still stuck on exhausts get Walker Dyno Max or Cyclone Sonic (straightest flow)

shouldn't waste $ on exhaust manifolds or exhaust systems.

if theres someone out there that makes a header for your car get that instead:

large diameter + short primaries = best high-revving hp

short diameter + long primaries = better fuel econ + better performance

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Nanna800 said:
Leon where's the meet in september? ya'll know i'll be there w/ my ride cuz i should have SOMETHING done by then!

and yeah, i can bring my ride AND pose in front of it...you better believe it!:p
Looks like Nanna wants to give that guy from alaska a run for the long distance award.

NOPI is in Atlanta Ga. That's gonna be some haul from Seattle. Rest assured of a warm welcome from all the Legend folks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
see, that's what happens when you don't tell me locations of these damn things!

ha, maybe i'll just wait to see the pics....:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Nanna800 said:

no no no...WE WOULD LOVE for you to come out...it will be worth your while...right fellas?;)

Dave and Alexander make this run about every year now...LEgends are good road cars....this is one of the Larger events....you don't want to miss it...besides, like they say...NOTHING COMES CLOSE!

Thank you also for signing my guestbook...that is what I am talkin about...on my way to peep it right now!

But consider it...you won't be driving too far alone :p

·
*r**h *eller
1,920 Posts
Nanna800 said:
Check Leons site for last years pictures. You'll be able to figure out which car is mine. You can also check the Legend temple for 99 and 00 pics. www.inexpro.com/legend_temple/ (BTW Kenny G the webmaster of this site is up your way).

PS: Don't sweat the "white boy" thing. As you get to know us you'll find we're all ages and races (and that's cool). The only people I don't respect here are the "short term" owners.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"the white-boy thing"

i was just playin!

but, yeah, that's a ways to drive by myself...

but i may go if i can find someone to ride back w/ me!

naw, i'm pretty confident in my car gettin there and back...

my last ack ('88 coupe) had 223K on it when i finally had to have her put to sleep! and she took me ALL OVER the place...

nor did she ever do anything bad to me!

but yeah, i will continue to debate that--unless i get some peeps to persuade me to go!

i bet it's warm. shoot, seattle is hella cold right now!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: "the white-boy thing"

Nanna800 said:
i was just playin!

but, yeah, that's a ways to drive by myself...

but i may go if i can find someone to ride back w/ me!

naw, i'm pretty confident in my car gettin there and back...

my last ack ('88 coupe) had 223K on it when i finally had to have her put to sleep! and she took me ALL OVER the place...

nor did she ever do anything bad to me!

but yeah, i will continue to debate that--unless i get some peeps to persuade me to go!

i bet it's warm. shoot, seattle is hella cold right now!
Please go, pretty please ;):cool: :eek:

You will have soooooo much fun

·
Registered
847 Posts
just want to mention that you should forget about the K&N drop in filters. They don't give you any more HP, all they do is making the engine more responsive to your inputs. Not to mention that you've got to be sensitive enough or really push the car to actually feel it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
oooh, thanks for that advice...

thank god i didn't buy it on the spot...we'd have a very unhappy lil girl right about now!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts