Acura Legend Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have about 91k on my 94 sedan, and have not gotten the 90k service done. however, i believe when the car was at around 85k, i had a VERY large service done, including tranny mounts, trans fluid flush, brake pad replacement, new front tires, timing belt etc. even tho i did those already, should i still take my car in to have the 90k service? i know this may seem kind of like a simple question, but i need to know. also, do they change your oil everytime you get a service? if not, how often should i change my oil?

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
Depending on what your "etc..." involves, you may have done your 90k at 85k. If so, you're fine and needn't be concerned.

A good habit would be to change your oil and filter every 3000-3500 miles. I change mine every 2000 miles. :)

·
Registered
847 Posts
I do mine at 2500 miles, and my experience has told me that using good oil definitely helps:)

·
Sexy Member
7,377 Posts
Check out ur head gaskets, ive heard many peoples head gaskets going bad when they hit around 90k i just changed mine two weeks ago.good luck

·
GS Hog
7,026 Posts
I don't believe that head gaskets go on their own, especially not at 90k. The issue with headgaskets is usually tied to an earlier occurance of a cracked radiator top that wasn't remedied; thus causing overheating, and head gasket failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts